BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #1
ChristosMavridis
Registered
Rep
Drives: 650i

BMW M6 Lease or purchase

Hello everyone!

Thank you for accepting my request to the forum!

I have recently moved to Switzerland from the UK and I am looking to upgrade the current 650i to an M6. My wife works for a company that gives 24% discount for purchasing/leasing a new model.

Both have looked the offers that BMW gives and we were really happy with the figures, however, I would like to have a second opinion from the community if that's alright!

I would like to know what are the benefits of leasing and purchasing, as well as the downsides on both options.

I am looking to spend around 1,500 to 2,000 CHF monthly including the car, road tax and car insurance. Any ideas how much the insurance will be for an M6 (with loads of add-ons, as in the UK the insurance companies was asking even if the car has extra makeup and piercings, so they can charge more :P ) plus I would have to anticipate extra fees for purchasing winter tyres and wheels, which is another enquiry, will I have to purchase the whole wheels? or just the tyres will do? Considering the wheels are 20"! Any suggestions to save money there will be much appreciated!

So you've got my budget, the model (year anything after 2014 will do, doesn't really have to be latest model to be honest).

As for the insurance I'm 28 years old, got my Permit B sorted, CH Drivers license, Greek Nationality and our house is in a private area with private underground parking located in VD.

Thanks in advance and again thank you for accepting my request to the forum!

Safe trips,
Christos
Appreciate 0