BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #1
Grimetime
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe

Advice on tuning

Im just about to put downpipes on my car and am torn between flash and JB4. My car is leased, i don't drive it hard but I also want to make the right choice. I keep reading about the differences and a lot of people suggest that flash tunes give a much smoother and different pick up than the jb4. Although i know I don't need the extra power its always good to know i have it. But I also don't want to get in any trouble with my dealer.

How many have put a flash on a lease and have you had any issues with a flash? Or is JB4 the way to go. I can afford to pay to play but I just want to make the right choice to avoid paying lol
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
S800vxr
Private
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 Coupe

JB4 if it's leased just in case something happens although a full what you call a flash tune is always going to be better as your not fooling the cars electronics like the JB does. I would add here in the UK you can't just flash tune through the OBD port till the ecu's have been opened up and altered. That in itself would show up to a knowledgeable dealer trying to get out of a warrentee issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 11:48 AM   #3
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
Hey bro, just go for ECU tune and take your car to Charlie@ Mckenna BMW service. Let him know your car is tuned and you don't want any trouble. Charlie drives a tuned M4 himself so he understands.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 12:30 PM   #4
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

There are many Service Advisors in Los Angeles that will be on your side

Let me know if you need any help with tuning your car. We are local to you as well.
Appreciate 0