BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-13-2015, 05:19 PM   #23
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

If you want to put in some legwork here is a tip on finding the tire in that size...

The geographic location of each tire store (Michelin dealer) has access to their own inventory for their given location. Some stores are platinum Michelin dealers (platinum might not be the word but you get the picture) meaning they have access to inventory over and above what normal Michelin dealers have access to (especially for tires that are scarce like these).

Locate a tire store in each state (Google is your friend), call them, and ask them if they can get the tire in that size. They will check "their" inventory they have access to and give you an answer. You might need to do a lot of calling before you come across a place that can get them for you. Then again you might not find a place at all that can get them.

I found out about this because last time (maybe 6mo ago?) when nobody could get that tire size I was able to get them for myself and a couple other guys on the forum. I asked the GM of the Michelin dealer I got the tires from how in the heck he was able to get me the tires and he told me how the process works.

Good luck!

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 06:26 PM   #24
AllCarbonEverything
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 Black Sapphire X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
If you want to put in some legwork here is a tip on finding the tire in that size...

The geographic location of each tire store (Michelin dealer) has access to their own inventory for their given location. Some stores are platinum Michelin dealers (platinum might not be the word but you get the picture) meaning they have access to inventory over and above what normal Michelin dealers have access to (especially for tires that are scarce like these).

Locate a tire store in each state (Google is your friend), call them, and ask them if they can get the tire in that size. They will check "their" inventory they have access to and give you an answer. You might need to do a lot of calling before you come across a place that can get them for you. Then again you might not find a place at all that can get them.

I found out about this because last time (maybe 6mo ago?) when nobody could get that tire size I was able to get them for myself and a couple other guys on the forum. I asked the GM of the Michelin dealer I got the tires from how in the heck he was able to get me the tires and he told me how the process works.

Good luck!

Brian
Thanks for the tip! i was actually very lucky and using a bunch of different searching techniques I was fortunate enough to find a brand new pair. It took a about a week and about 3-4 total hours of searching and calling to find them but i got em!
Appreciate 0