BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

04-24-2016, 03:59 PM   #23
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Got 39.8 mpg last night when I bought the car and drove from London to Scotland. Average was I believe 77 mph on Eco Pro - was very slow in London and a lot of the average value camera zones then was on cruise control between 80 - 90mph. I used Terraclean on my very old Alfa Romeo GTV which made 0 difference. Would be interesting to see if this will work better on the diesel
So how does the new motor feel? Everything you hoped it would be? Post some good pics up when you get a chance
      04-24-2016, 04:09 PM   #24
AceCobra1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RX8, Alfa Romeo GTV, 640d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandanbmw View Post
So how does the new motor feel? Everything you hoped it would be? Post some good pics up when you get a chance
Feels "different" from the rx8 A lot GRANDER - no pun intended

Its a nice mineral white colour which I was told was an optional extra? Definately looks good even in SE. In my opnion, the M Sport isn't an essential kit for the 6 series to look nice
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 04:15 PM   #25
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Feels "different" from the rx8 A lot GRANDER - no pun intended

Its a nice mineral white colour which I was told was an optional extra? Definately looks good even in SE. In my opnion, the M Sport isn't an essential kit for the 6 series to look nice
I think the mineral White is a individual colour, lol defo grander haha

I agree the Se looks great but the M sport does look better imo but compared to all other BMW's the Se on the Six looks better than the rest.
      04-24-2016, 05:15 PM   #26
AceCobra1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RX8, Alfa Romeo GTV, 640d GC

Quote:
I agree the Se looks great but the M sport does look better imo but compared to all other BMW's the Se on the Six looks better than the rest.
Yeah the M Sport definately looks better for sure but I don't think I would have got it in Mineral White within my budget

What I was meant to say is that the SE unlike the other BMW line doesn't look as bad - or more like "basic" if you know what I mean For example, there is a 5 series parked in front of me... that for sure needs an msport kit It is in some sort of silver colour too.

BTW, my mate showed me a brochure of the M3/M4 yesterday. For some reason, the mineral white was shown as a "standard option"? Individual colours seems to be on another page Is it an optional extra on anything other than the M series ?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 05:27 PM   #27
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah the M Sport definately looks better for sure but I don't think I would have got it in Mineral White within my budget

What I was meant to say is that the SE unlike the other BMW line doesn't look as bad - or more like "basic" if you know what I mean For example, there is a 5 series parked in front of me... that for sure needs an msport kit It is in some sort of silver colour too.

BTW, my mate showed me a brochure of the M3/M4 yesterday. For some reason, the mineral white was shown as a "standard option"? Individual colours seems to be on another page Is it an optional extra on anything other than the M series ?
It's a standard colour
Attached Images