BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
midcont
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 19’ M5 Comp

Wheel and tire insurance: what did you pay (last 6 mos or so)?

Trying to make a deal on a 2014 but the dealer is asking 2400. I know that's crazy but what's fair?
Can any dealer sell it even if they don't lease you the car? Can it be arranged after delivery elsewhere?
Also, is it the case that cosmetic damage is not covered?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by midcont
Trying to make a deal on a 2014 but the dealer is asking 2400. I know that's crazy but what's fair?
Can any dealer sell it even if they don't lease you the car? Can it be arranged after delivery elsewhere?
Thanks
I just recently cancelled my wheel and tire insurance after getting my custom wheels. Despite my dealer claiming my custom wheels would be offered the same coverage as my OEM wheels (cosmetic damage, breakage, bent barrel, flat tire replacement) etc. I found the whole process for filing a claim way too inconvenient. For what the repairs cost in comparison to the cost of the insurance (mine was $1600) I didn't find it worth while, my time is more valuable than that. If your car is leased I'm not sure if it's even worth it to begin with, do dealers charge you for curbed rims? The tire replacement is a whole other story but I find I haven't had this problem in forever, I burn through the tires faster than I can puncture them.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #3
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

An absolute waste of money.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #4
midcont
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 19’ M5 Comp

Im driving a mb e63 now. I paid 1000 divided over 36 mos of the lease. I've replaced at least 5 tires with the program (two were just small nails in the tread that I would have patched otherwise) and in 36k miles paid for only one worn tire. I've had cosmetic damage fixed once and a bend fixed once. It's been an amazing deal for me.
Dealer claimed today that 2400 was his cost!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

If you plan on upgrading and doing aftermarket wheels, don't bother with the W&T insurance -- waste of money.

Current Garage:
*2015 Singapore Grey F06 M6 Gran Coupe (The Beast)
*2014 Black Cayenne GTS 958 (Wife & Kids Beast)
*2008 Imola Red E60 M5 (My Other Beast)
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #6
BMWOO7
BMW CCA #505303
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M / 2013 SVT Raptor

I paid $2089.00 for my wheel and tire insurance. After detailed review of what is and isn't covered as well as the process and reviews from many others with the same package, I decided to cancel for a full refund.

The dealer will also (at least mine did) tell you that EVERYTHING from A-Z is covered but when you talk with the company and see REAL owners reviews, it's quite the different story.

Personally, I drive careful and watch out for potholes and crap in the road, maintain proper air pressure, etc... and have never in 30+ years had an issue.

Again, just my personal opinion and view....
      10-23-2014, 05:55 AM   #7
jeroguz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre
Quote:
Originally Posted by midcont
Thanks
I just recently cancelled my wheel and tire insurance after getting my custom wheels. Despite my dealer claiming my custom wheels would be offered the same coverage as my OEM wheels (cosmetic damage, breakage, bent barrel, flat tire replacement) etc. I found the whole process for filing a claim way too inconvenient. For what the repairs cost in comparison to the cost of the insurance (mine was $1600) I didn't find it worth while, my time is more valuable than that. If your car is leased I'm not sure if it's even worth it to begin with, do dealers charge you for curbed rims? The tire replacement is a whole other story but I find I haven't had this problem in forever, I burn through the tires faster than I can puncture them.
I cannot agree more!!
I always refuse it and never have a problem
They are very sneaky with that insurance
If the tire is 1/2 the thread it will not cover even a nail on the road
I got it once after that I refuse any additional option besides the lease
ie- spray for paint, interior etc !!
Remember it's their car they should pay for it
It's like renting a house
Appreciate 0