09-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
V8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 Coupe

2013 M6 seats

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I've noticed that there's a weird discrepancy with the seats in the 2013 M6.

If you check out the official M6 brochure you see these bad ass seats that have an integrated headrest, like proper bucket seats.

These:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ook/photos/#40

(look for the white interior pics.)
You can see these in black in the media gallery in the M6 coupe section on the BMWUSA website.

But when I see photos of the 2013 M6 stateside, i.e. in reviews. I see this seat:
http://www.lincah.com/2013-bmw-m6-co...coupe-interior

Not half as nice or special... Anyone know what gives?
Got an M6 Coupe on order, praying that it has the nice seats...
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
RufussCkingston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 50i / E71 X6 50i

If you look at the controls, these look like cheaper seats, where the US ones are multi-contour. The white ones have manual Thigh support, where the US one has the switch in the front for mechanical adjustment. Plus there are controls on the right for side width and shoulder adjustment. Plus the US has the accident head restraint (it pops forward so your head doesn't pop backwards), and height adjustment is electric.

I think that covers it. For my money I want buttons!

RCK
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
V8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 Coupe

I hear you but the other ones look mean! The way the headrest integrates into the main seat, looks sweet.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 03:21 AM   #4
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

The light ones are the "M sport seats" and the dark is the "20 way multi function seats" You have to request for the sport seats. Little less luxury but a few pounds in weight savings.
      09-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

M6 Seats

I took ED little over a week ago and our seats are the "other" (not MT) ones. The pictured seats in MT may be the BMW Individual (as seen by the Silverstone center console, instead of Black). After driving over 1000 miles in Germany, I can tell you that these seats are extremely comfortable for long drives. We had all four seats occupied and even the back seats are OK except for leg room. The MT picture also shows only the programmable memory.

The seats that came with our car has power buttons for the following: Butt massage, Shoulder adjustment, headrest, Cool & Warm air ventilated through the seats and the usual round lumbar support button. If I had a choice, the ones that cam with the 2013 I would definitely take again. By the way, the butt massage keeps moving to ease pressure on your back during long trips. Feels funny at first but its nice.
Appreciate 0