BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Yesterday, 12:40 PM   #8053
Ugly Kar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42

MB seeing the light too.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...755d54fcb&ei=9
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 12:44 PM   #8054
Weather Man
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Kar View Post
Their dealer network told them you won't have an American dealer network, if you stay on your EV track.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:50 PM   #8055
Weather Man
First Lieutenant
Rep

Gotta give the guy an "A" for effort!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60072.50
      Yesterday, 12:53 PM   #8056
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Oh, wow, thank you Dr. Youtube for posting some diarrhea from the interwebs. Now, do you have any actual proof?
What's proof to you?

https://defendershield.com/electric-...be-bad-for-you

What level of proof is acceptable?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6513191/

It's hilarious to talk to people who have done zero measurements or read any studies on the subject call me a hack. My wife has EMF sensitivity, and when I started measuring the sources of it and doing research I was amazed at what I found.

Like the government not only not providing proper oversight, but blocking people from informing themselves:

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...public-courts/

Or the dangers of cellphone radiation:

https://cellphonetaskforce.org/epidemiological-studies/
      Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #8057
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I think it's time we check AmuroRay's freezer for human heads. He's gone off the deep end, possibly worse than Weather Man and Car-Addicted.

This man ate uranium and swam in (and drank) powerplant discharge water and died at the age of 82 - 22 years after doing these demonstrations for years.
      Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #8058
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
If the EU and British allow this cheap EV take over they deserve what they get.
This is a refreshing Top Gear reminder of British Automotive Nationalism. Should remind everyone of what is at stake here.
British made motors take over the Mall | Top Gear - BBC
Rule Brittania,
Brittania rule the waves,
but some brits will be be be be EV slaves.
Appreciate 3
      Yesterday, 01:23 PM   #8059
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Man View Post
He must have a paraffin heater under the batch of batteries
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 02:26 PM   #8060
Weather Man
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
He must have a paraffin heater under the batch of batteries
A real trooper to unhook and rehook for every stop to charge. I would think that would get old fast.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:50 PM   #8061
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Their dealer network told them you won't have an American dealer network, if you stay on your EV track.
Dealer network is antiquated as a business model.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #8062
Weather Man
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Dealer network is antiquated as a business model.
Wrong, lol. Tesla is finding that out the hard way. They ran out of buyers willing to overlook the awful service they provide and are trying to sell to people who actually expect to be taken care of.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:10 PM   #8063
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Wrong, lol. Tesla is finding that out the hard way. They ran out of buyers willing to overlook the awful service they provide and are trying to sell to people who actually expect to be taken care of.
Wait so sales are down because of service? Damn I thought all EVs catching fire would have definitely outweighed poor service. Worst service I ever had was at a BMW dealer. 100x worse than the one time I ever had to go to a Tesla service center.

Then again WTF do I know. I just own one. Not like I've watched 326 YouTube videos like the actual EV scholars in here.
Appreciate 1
gblansten1976.50
      Today, 07:03 AM   #8064
M5Rick
General
Rep

^ There are good and bad dealers for all makes, depends on the problem your BMW had and how it was dealt with, care to explain..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:53 AM   #8065
Weather Man
First Lieutenant
Rep

???
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60072.50
      Today, 08:27 AM   #8066
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
???
Certainly takes away the stigma of BMW drivers parking azz out of the lines.
What a total bellend
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:59 AM   #8067
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
It's just a none issue for me. Fortunately I have other cars if I had the need to start driving cross country and for my regular driving it has more range than I ever come close to using. I even charge with the slow 110v charger and that's plenty for me. Most days I don't even go anywhere or drive maybe less than 5 miles.
I have several other cars too; all are different from each other. But I look at my cars independently from each other, as if I just need a single-car fleet. I had a hellacious commute for 15 years, which required at least two cars in case one was down for maintenance. The others are my wife's cars (mine really - I maintain and fuel them) we've collected over the years (read as not gotten rid of). In reality, I could get rid of three of my cars and not lose a 100% use case. I should just keep the 4-door pickup and one other car for downtime for the truck when it's under maintenance. But I'm not that smart, or probably just an addicted car-guy. It's an affliction - I'm on the spectrum...

So, looking at an EV as independent and a single-car use case, I just couldn't deal with the road-trip charging scenario, even if it was using Tesla's network, because Tesla's network is not everywhere; it is not ubiquitous like the gasoline station network. Waiting 40 minutes to gain some 150 miles of range in the winter on a road trip would not be tolerable for me. And planning routes around charging stations, even as easy as Tesla makes it, is still a PITA from my point of view. With an ICEV, fuel planning is: wait-until-the-fuel-tank-is-at-40-miles-until-empty-and-decide-which-gas-station-to-stop-at-to-refuel, anywhere in the USA. I understand the majority EV use case being charge at home and drive 30 miles a day. Great, but an EV doesn't standalone for me as a full-use (case) vehicle.

I think most of the market thinks this same way, ICEV is just more convenient. 5-minute refuels and no range loss due to seasonal changes fits everyone's use case. Private at-home charging can be great, but not everyone in the market has that; I'd say most of the market doesn't. For me, like for this morning, I'd have to walk over to my barn - where I have 240V electricity and can setup a home L2 charger - 3-minutes in the pouring rain. F that.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; Today at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 2
      Today, 09:25 AM   #8068
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
???
Why didn't she just back-in, like normal Tesla's do?
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
      Today, 09:29 AM   #8069
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think it is more of Tesla is realizing that a nationwide independent dealer network gives them the real estate they need when cars start stacking up during slow sales months.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:32 AM   #8070
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Matching stainless steel bodies, just groovy.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:25 AM   #8071
Weather Man
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I think it is more of Tesla is realizing that a nationwide independent dealer network gives them the real estate they need when cars start stacking up during slow sales months.
They are doing that here. Tesla bought the dead Hummer dealership in Rogers, MN and packed it with inventory. This is Tesla's first down market combined with competition. The OEM's have been there and done that many times. Tesla does not appear to be doing well in the new reality. If the Chynamen start dumping low EV's into the USA like Europe, they are in for a very hard time. Their marketing has not caught onto the reality that they have a LOT of EV competition who are blaring that fact in multimedia real-time. The commercials they do have out are amateur hour awful.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:50 AM   #8072
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
^ There are good and bad dealers for all makes, depends on the problem your BMW had and how it was dealt with, care to explain..
And that is the problem with dealers. There should not be good and bad dealers.

My particular bad BMW dealer would always have a massive wait time just to drop off the damn car. Sometimes I would be there for an hour WITH an appointment. Their loaner cars were disgusting, pretty sure one of them had literal snot all over the dash, can you at least wipe it down with a dirty rag so you can't see the snot? Nah send it! Doesn't help that my freaking e92 335i probably spent more time there than at my house.

One time they were fixing my AC and I get the car back and immediately I notice my wood trim looked very odd. SA says he doesn't know anything. Dude... this piece of trim is a totally different color than the rest??? Oh yeah sorry, we broke it and replaced it. With a different fucking color??? Eventually they ordered the correct trim but apparently they were hoping I just woudln't notice.

They also crashed my car while on their lot... so there's that.

Tesla has done none of those things. Of course only had to go to the service center once for minor things after delivery. The best service IMO is not needing any service.

When I blew 2 tires on my last Tesla going through some pot holes in the rain didn't even have to go to a service center. Tesla sent their tech to my house and he replaced the tires right on my driveway.
Appreciate 0