BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

ADV1 Wheels - Tires Always Losing Pressure

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Ever since I put my ADV1 wheels on I am constantly putting air in my tires. It's not losing a trickle of air either. I had 40psi in my tires a few weeks ago and today my warning indicator came on and my tire was at 25psi.

Does anyone else who has ADV1s have this issue? I am going to contact my local tire store to see if they have any ideas as to why this is happening next week. I know if I contact ADV1 they are going to ask me to send them back which will mean I am out wheels for at least a month. I am going to be one grumpy bastard if I have to send them back for another issue.

Input from anyone else would be great. Good or bad. Thanks!

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 11:54 PM   #2
Iluvspl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw m6

Hey Brian I believe you said you had your wheels broke down re polished than reesembled. I am betting that the aid is leaking at the seal between the parts of the wheel where they are bolted together. If you take one off dump it in water there is a good chance you will see slight bubble around the bolts. I had this happen on another 3 piece set of wheels they had to disassemble and re seal them. Not a big deal just took 2 days because the sealant has to dry fuly before you drive on them again. You shouldn't have to send to adv1 and good tuner shop can do it.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 01:07 AM   #3
aj1985
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 m6 coupe sapphire black

Havent experienced any issues with them yet. Good luck though
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 06:30 AM   #4
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
Ever since I put my ADV1 wheels on I am constantly putting air in my tires. It's not losing a trickle of air either. I had 40psi in my tires a few weeks ago and today my warning indicator came on and my tire was at 25psi.

Does anyone else who has ADV1s have this issue? I am going to contact my local tire store to see if they have any ideas as to why this is happening next week. I know if I contact ADV1 they are going to ask me to send them back which will mean I am out wheels for at least a month. I am going to be one grumpy bastard if I have to send them back for another issue.

Brian

Mine leak and I thought I had a nail. Have a video of it leaking from the seal where the rivets are.
They are only a year old and lately one is completely dead by the next day and the others slowly lose pressure. I've never done anything to them other then drive them and replaced rubber.
the shop I got them from emailed them with my situation and video, they never replied back. I love adv1's but if their service is like that I'll be looking else where for my new M4 I just picked up

Last edited by m6beast; 11-09-2014 at 06:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #5
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post

Mine leak and I thought I had a nail. Have a video of it leaking from the seal where the rivets are.
They are only a year old and lately one is completely dead by the next day and the others slowly lose pressure. I've never done anything to them other then drive them and replaced rubber.
the shop I got them from emailed them with my situation and video, they never replied back. I love adv1's but if their service is like that I'll be looking else where for my new M4 I just picked up
Holy shit... That is leaking like crazy!

I did have them broken down and re-polished but this was done by ADV1 so you would assume they adhered to some standard when rebolting/sealing them back up. I am going to take a tub of water and do the same to see what I can find. It's sad that you pay so much for these wheels and have problems with them. Very disappointing.

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Holy shit... That is leaking like crazy!

I did have them broken down and re-polished but this was done by ADV1 so you would assume they adhered to some standard when rebolting/sealing them back up. I am going to take a tub of water and do the same to see what I can find. It's sad that you pay so much for these wheels and have problems with them. Very disappointing.

Brian
Yeah I love their designs but what Ive spent between my 7 and my M6 it's crazy. I would have. I would have continued to buy more wheels but for me not to even get a response back is pretty sad.
Too bad I really wanted a nice set for my M4 and I'm not to tHtilled about HREs designs which is always been on My previous cars.
Oh well for me it's kite about design these days then the price they are charging. Don't get me wrong I don't mind paying but I want quality and customer service before a price tag.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #7
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

A long time ago I had a set of 3 piece wheels and after a few weeks of owning them I started to get a slow steady leak in one of the wheels. Every morning the TMPS would go off. I took them to the company I bought them from and they took all 4 wheels apart and re constructed them and never had a issue again. I don't know if one of the wheels were bent or if there was a construction issue with the molding of the pieces was never told. I was however worried that I would be stranded so from that point on I have stuck with mono block only bc I'm worried of getting stranded. This is completely over analyzing things but thats just my paranoia

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #8
Iluvspl
Private First Class
Rep

Another issue is if the tire place you are going to isn't careful they can damage the seal on the wheels when un mounting and remounting. I had a nightmare with my 3 piece vossen forged on my other car. I had them rebuilt which helped for a while but they they started very slowly leaking again. 3 piece wheels are maintenance and it's a pain but this is not unusual. I have even heard of some actually welding them together in extreme cases because they were tired of it and never planned to break them down again.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #9
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

@m6beast - I have a direct contact at ADV1 that is responsive. If you want his email address let me know. I will be contacting him next week if mine are leaking similar to yours.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #10
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
@m6beast - I have a direct contact at ADV1 that is responsive. If you want his email address let me know. I will be contacting him next week if mine are leaking similar to yours.

Brian
Yeah let me know! I've spent 20k on wheels with them, at least a returned email would have been appreciated
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #11
ice7
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M's

Garage List
2014 BMW M5 Comp  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
Usually ADV1's have 2 holes for your valve stems. Both of my valve stems are on the outer barrel but in different locations. One is located inside the middle of the wheel and the other on the outer lip but opposite of the center piece. Its recommended to always fill air on the outer lip valve stem not on the middle. I had the same leaking air problem on one wheel but replaced my valve core which fixed the problem. I would check your valve cores first.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #12
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

It ended up being the grommet on the TPS valve stem on one wheel. Another wheel the tire bead wasn't fully seated. Both issues were fixed today and thank goodness it wasn't the wheel assembly.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 06:47 PM   #13
m6beast
Captain
Rep

You guys are lucky mine leaking from the seal.
Anyway no biggie
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #14
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Wow, this thread had me scared for a second. Glad to hear it wasn't the seal, mine are a multi-piece as well and if they were to leak from the seal I would probably go ape shit.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 08:49 PM   #15
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
Wow, this thread had me scared for a second. Glad to hear it wasn't the seal, mine are a multi-piece as well and if they were to leak from the seal I would probably go ape shit.
Well mine are leaking from the seal you should be scared I have to take mine apart now and reseal them
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #16
Iluvspl
Private First Class
Rep

Twitch trust me when I say it's not if they will leak it is when. I have had 3 piece wheels on other cars and it's just a matter of time till the need to be rebuilt.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 07:18 PM   #17
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

That's not something I expected from ADV.1, I thought they improved after all the bad rep I've heard. I guess looks is a priority to them first, then quality? Idk, I don't own them so I don't want to comment too harshly, but I have heard complaints like this before, along with structural problems.

Good luck with the issues guys.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 03:45 AM   #18
BimmerGuy25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 X6M '14 M6 '15 C300

As much as I love ADV1, I think I will have to go with HRE's. I am hearing from many people that are currently running ADV1 that are having leak issues. Not to mention, their customer service and response time is horrible.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #19
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:

Brian
I will never buy a 3-piece wheel. Issues with leaks as well as wheel balancing are common. One-piece mono block forged is definitely the way to go. 2-piece are okay most of the time since the barrel is one unit.
      12-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #20
fortuante few
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
It ended up being the grommet on the TPS valve stem on one wheel. Another wheel the tire bead wasn't fully seated. Both issues were fixed today and thank goodness it wasn't the wheel assembly.

Brian
Hey Brian,

very happy to hear that there wasn't an issue with the assembly of the wheel. My name is Juan I work for ADV.1. Anyways if you or anyone ever has any questions or issues please feel free to contact me.

Juan@adv1wheels.com or call me directly 305.238.0058 EXT 118.

i'd be glad to help.

@m6beast lets get any issue you are experiencing resolved.

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0