BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-21-2017, 11:20 PM   #1
Francoandlinda
Rep
Drives: 2012 M6 Convertible

Garage List
Help... need to buy ceramic (or low dust) brake pads for front.

Hey guys, my front brakes are almost done and I need new pads. I’ve always had Akebono’s on my BMW’s. I seen they make them for the rear, but not the front. Can anyone recommend a good ceramic pad (or extremely low dust). The OEM pads make my rims black after 2-3 drives.

I don’t have carbon ceramic rotors. Just the steel ones

I’m In canada, but I’m assuming most companies will ship.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Francoandlinda; 10-22-2017 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

I bought a new wheel setup and got so fed up with how much brake dust they got covered in within a day I said screw it and put the stock wheels back on lol but I did some research and people on the M3/M4 page reccomend some brand name "POWERSTOP" I believe. I ordered a set of rock auto front and rear low dust for like <$65 with hardware. Ton of good reviews and cheap. Much less noise and dust I guess. I haven't put them on yet but they arrived quick and are still sitting in my trunk. Ceramic pads are what create all the dust. Look into a different material for low dust.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 08:41 PM   #3
Francoandlinda
Rep
Drives: 2012 M6 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastatikle View Post
I bought a new wheel setup and got so fed up with how much brake dust they got covered in within a day I said screw it and put the stock wheels back on lol but I did some research and people on the M3/M4 page reccomend some brand name "POWERSTOP" I believe. I ordered a set of rock auto front and rear low dust for like <$65 with hardware. Ton of good reviews and cheap. Much less noise and dust I guess. I haven't put them on yet but they arrived quick and are still sitting in my trunk. Ceramic pads are what create all the dust. Look into a different material for low dust.
Interesting... did you snag the performance ones?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...brake+pad,1684
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 07:19 PM   #4
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoandlinda View Post
Interesting... did you snag the performance ones?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...brake+pad,1684
No I got the ones under that the "z17" because I wanted the least amount of dust and noise. I don't really brake hard often. If these aren't as strong as I need them to be I'll upgrade them again but I've seen nothing but good reviews. 4 pads for $60? I couldn't go wrong, other "low dust" pads I've seen go for as much as 400 for just the front. If it wasn't for my aftermarket wheels I would have went to the sport ones. But I literally spent 2hrs cleaning my wheels and after 10-20min of driving they were covered in dust. I said FXCK that, back to stock. I'll put the pads on this week and let you know how they go.
Appreciate 0