BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #23
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hello Fellas!

Just want to share my experience with coding for the first time. I had e90 and e70 which I paid locally to have coded.

I recently got f06 and contacted the same guy come to find out he moved out of state. I searched the local forums on e90 and f30 and couldn't find anyone or they want to much money.

I read somewhere on here that with the BimmerCode app for iOS and VGate dongle which communicates with the car I could do my coding.

I just did some coding tonight and worked out awesome in 15 minutes I was able to code just about every feature just for $46, well worth it.

The app is stable, user friendly, and every option you will want to code. Brighter LED's, change the alarm tone, fold mirrors with the key fob and on and on...

Highly recommend and SUPER SIMPLE!

Go to BimmerCode website: http://www.bimmercodeapp.com/

They have the link to the dongle.

I went through 3 dongles from Amazon, they kept a sending the wrong one. You have to pick VGate iCar 2 OBD II WiFi, they sent Bluetooth which doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #24
BMWRog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derboy View Post
The cable is extremely simple its just an ethernet wired to and ODB. Just search for E-Sys cable on ebay and buy any one of the hundreds that come up or you can even make your own.
Thanks. Couldn't find just the ODB2 plug on its own, so have bought the complete cable including RJ45 off Ebay. Should be here next week.

Never done anything like this before, so I'm a bit nervous about using it, don't want to brick the ECU!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #25
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRog View Post
Thanks. Couldn't find just the ODB2 plug on its own, so have bought the complete cable including RJ45 off Ebay. Should be here next week.

Never done anything like this before, so I'm a bit nervous about using it, don't want to brick the ECU!
Coding BMWs is a bit lesser user friendly than doing VW Audi but you really can’t go wrong as long as you follow the guides.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 02:16 AM   #26
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Wifi hot spot?
2015?
Mine coded too but wifi is not or was not an option
Wifi hotspot is only available for ID5/ID6. But, it is also a subscription.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e60rocks View Post
hey man, how did you code it? could you pls send a step by step guide?
Fxx-/Ixx-/Gxx-series Coding: Getting Started Guides, Tips, & Cheat Sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean97ucsd View Post
Anyone in Southern California interested in doing the coding process for me?

I'll pay $80
I am in LA, but also spend time in Corona del Mar if interested. Send me PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastatikle View Post
I'll pay $80 in upstate NY.
I can do remotely. Send me PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derboy View Post
Coding BMWs is a bit lesser user friendly than doing VW Audi but you really can’t go wrong as long as you follow the guides.
I personally think it is the easiest car to car, especially Fxx/Ixx/Gxx-series, but maybe I have been doing it too long and a little biased.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 04:34 PM   #27
BMWRog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Convertible

Hmmm, having difficulty downloading the PSDZDATA rar file. Got the ESYS software downloaded ok, but the PSDZDATA goes through the motions of downloading but ultimately throws up an error in the browser (tried Internet Explorer and Firefox - this is under Windows 7). Incidentally, Firefox says there is no ongoing download in the browser whilst all this is supposedly happening...

Is this file available from anywhere else other than http:// www . b m w e n e t . com ?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 06:14 PM   #28
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRog View Post
Hmmm, having difficulty downloading the PSDZDATA rar file. Got the ESYS software downloaded ok, but the PSDZDATA goes through the motions of downloading but ultimately throws up an error in the browser (tried Internet Explorer and Firefox - this is under Windows 7). Incidentally, Firefox says there is no ongoing download in the browser whilst all this is supposedly happening...

Is this file available from anywhere else other than http:// www . b m w e n e t . com ?
Coding: (No Request) Latest Software Links
Appreciate 0