BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-26-2017, 02:25 PM   #23
Jsd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Got the car back today! so pleased its working fine so far.

They managed to do a discount on the parts so total cost was about £1950 in the end. Probably could have got it a little cheaper if i went elsewhere but I consider myself lucky and wasn't in a position to start shopping around at the time.

They couldn't tell with any certainty what the cause was, although they did say they had seen the problem once before. Possible explanations were;

contaminated fuel- i won't be using tesco 99 anymore just to be sure.
manufacturing defect on that particular injector/weak injector- can't do anything about that
Remap - if it increases fuel pressure this could have overloaded it (unlikely imo as it failed just above idle)

Bimma- Sounds like exactly the same problem tbh.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 02:58 PM   #24
M60
Rep
Drives: M6 Competition CCB B&O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsd View Post
Got the car back today! so pleased its working fine so far.

They managed to do a discount on the parts so total cost was about £1950 in the end. Probably could have got it a little cheaper if i went elsewhere but I consider myself lucky and wasn't in a position to start shopping around at the time.

They couldn't tell with any certainty what the cause was, although they did say they had seen the problem once before. Possible explanations were;

contaminated fuel- i won't be using tesco 99 anymore just to be sure.
manufacturing defect on that particular injector/weak injector- can't do anything about that
Remap - if it increases fuel pressure this could have overloaded it (unlikely imo as it failed just above idle)

Bimma- Sounds like exactly the same problem tbh.
Don't be put off the Tesco 99 it's really good stuff, iv tested all sorts of fuel with mixed meth set ups on my Impreza while custom mapping an Tesco was always giving the best results slightly better then shell v power even, I use nothing but shell or Tesco 99.

It's highly likely it was just a dodgy injector, not sure if it really helps but I use a fuel system cleaner every so often to supposedly clean the injectors, if they do what they say on the tin then that's the best you can do for them I suppose an hope for the best.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #25
BMWRog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Convertible

Whilst I acknowledge what M60 has said above, I, too, won't use Tesco 99 fuel in mine either. Too many horror stories relating Tesco petrol. I stick with Shell V-Power.

£1950 is still quite a trauma to the ol' pocket, glad your car is back and working well again JSD.
Appreciate 0