BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Vivid Racing - Installing Stage 3 Power Pedal

Vivid Racing had one of our local customers come in for a VR Tuned 3 stage power pedal installation on his F12 BMW 650I. The Power Pedal is a device that goes between your electronic throttle gas pedal to give you 3 settings of more responsive throttle response. The device is a simple plug and play...

Read more on our blog and see pictures of the install process: VR Tuned Stage 3 Power Pedal Install

We also carry Power Pedals for nearly all BMW models as well!

PM me for more info.

PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #2
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

How is this product different from the Sprint Booster? They have the same effect on Drive by wire systems right? Just wondering because if it does improve throttle response and make the car feel faster I may be down to try one out!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 02:46 AM   #3
ShakeDaddy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i Coupe

This is my car last week at Vivid Racing here in Gilbert, AZ.

Had the VR 3 Stage Power Pedal installed, nice with them being in town and a great company.

Like that the 3 position of throttle enhancement will be installed OEM style directly on the dash. The 3 settings are, 1) Wife - Off, 2) Green light setting for sensitive throttle, and 3) Red light setting for most sensitive throttle.

Especially like that this mod wakes up the throttle response in Comfort and also, as well additionally improves throttle response even with Sport or Sport +. Hey Southey, you might really like this product since your recent discovery of the Comfort Setting.

It's all about response and this product is outstanding. Especially goes well with the BMS Stage 1 that was also installed at Vivid Racing.
20” 373 Wheels--Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 Summers/ RIP RFT
M6 Spoiler-Full LED

Last edited by ShakeDaddy; 05-07-2015 at 03:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 03:00 AM   #4
ShakeDaddy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
How is this product different from the Sprint Booster? They have the same effect on Drive by wire systems right? Just wondering because if it does improve throttle response and make the car feel faster I may be down to try one out!
Definitely go for it, this product is an awesome addition.

The car is a beast in Sport, Sport Plus and the fun is back in Comfort!!

The stock BMW drive by wire is a fuel economy product. Unleash the beast.
M6 Spoiler-Full LED

Last edited by ShakeDaddy; 05-07-2015 at 03:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 02:55 PM   #5
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeDaddy View Post
Definitely go for it, this product is an awesome addition.

The car is a beast in Sport, Sport Plus and the fun is back in Comfort!!

The stock BMW drive by wire is a fuel economy product. Unleash the beast.
I may have to give it a shot, I already run the JB. Where do they put that black box after install?

When you put it in red mode or full sport, do you notice a significant difference in sport + mode? Can you explain what it's doing, or at least what it feels like? Was this more noticeable than the shockware? What do you think of that by the way? I get mixed feelings about it from people that it doesn't really do enough especially if you lower the car and it is more stiff than stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 03:03 AM   #6
ShakeDaddy
Private
Rep

Quote:
I may have to give it a shot, I already run the JB. Where do they put that black box after install?

When you put it in red mode or full sport, do you notice a significant difference in sport + mode? Can you explain what it's doing, or at least what it feels like? Was this more noticeable than the shockware? What do you think of that by the way? I get mixed feelings about it from people that it doesn't really do enough especially if you lower the car and it is more stiff than stock.
Black box goes behind the accelerator pedal, perfect spot is available.

Well I've had the Power Pedal for about a week now and have been able to determine the value of this new mod. This mod has now been formally introduced to BMS TU Stage 1. I prefer the red setting which is the quickest reaction over green, which is no slouch either.

1) The fun has certainly arrived in Comfort Setting. Before the mod the reaction in Comfort of a "slight increase" on the gas/acceleration was non existent. Now with the mod it's a tight immediate response. This is especially appreciated in cornering. I couldn't stand to corner in the Comfort setting before the Power Pedal addition. Quick response and fun.

2) Sport+ with the Power Pedal teamed with BMS Stage 1 in cornering is ""ATTN: Not for the Novice Driver"". If you know how to drift, it's crazy fun in low speed tight corners. If you don't respect the beast you will end up with a hard spin and with that, who knows what other type of situation.

3) Sport+ Straight moving hard acceleration. Incredibly fun with amazing quickness with instant performance. This now feels like a high performance German machine much like my Porsche's of my past.

4) Sport+ hard acceleration off the line. Practice makes better. The art of feathering is mandatory for proper hooking up on the launch. Like Traction Control except instead of using a computer and sensors you use your brain and foot.

This is now a drivers car. Happier today with my 650i than ever before.

N63TU + Power Pedal + BMS Cranked Stage 1 + Dinan Shockware + Non RFT Summers + Sport Plus = OH Heck Yes!!

M6 Spoiler-Full LED
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 12:48 PM   #7
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeDaddy View Post
Black box goes behind the accelerator pedal, perfect spot is available.

Well I've had the Power Pedal for about a week now and have been able to determine the value of this new mod. This mod has now been formally introduced to BMS TU Stage 1. I prefer the red setting which is the quickest reaction over green, which is no slouch either.

1) The fun has certainly arrived in Comfort Setting. Before the mod the reaction in Comfort of a "slight increase" on the gas/acceleration was non existent. Now with the mod it's a tight immediate response. This is especially appreciated in cornering. I couldn't stand to corner in the Comfort setting before the Power Pedal addition. Quick response and fun.

2) Sport+ with the Power Pedal teamed with BMS Stage 1 in cornering is ""ATTN: Not for the Novice Driver"". If you know how to drift, it's crazy fun in low speed tight corners. If you don't respect the beast you will end up with a hard spin and with that, who knows what other type of situation.

3) Sport+ Straight moving hard acceleration. Incredibly fun with amazing quickness with instant performance. This now feels like a high performance German machine much like my Porsche's of my past.

4) Sport+ hard acceleration off the line. Practice makes better. The art of feathering is mandatory for proper hooking up on the launch. Like Traction Control except instead of using a computer and sensors you use your brain and foot.

This is now a drivers car. Happier today with my 650i than ever before.

N63TU + Power Pedal + BMS Cranked Stage 1 + Dinan Shockware + Non RFT Summers + Sport Plus = OH Heck Yes!!

Great info man! Thanks! I have been running the TU-JB for almost a year now, on and off 100oct+.. Did a rear section muffler delete as well and lowered the car on H&R's. I also have soft compound 285/35/20's on the rear so traction is great even when using the coding activated launch control. I sent an email to Sean over at VR and will await his response.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 03:38 PM   #8
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

I tried to email them a couple of times with no response so I ended up getting the PedalBox.. I have to eat my own words on this type of mod! It really does make a huge difference on how the car drives, especially from a dig. The lag between the pedal and the throttle is almost non existent anymore. Reason I ended up with the PedalBox, other than VR not getting back to me was the fact that you can fine tune it to suit your needs. It has 3 modes as well, but then it has 6 levels of adjustment for each mode +3 or -3 for each mode of sport, sport+, & eco. The only issue I am having now are the shift points, I think i need to reset the ECU so it learns again after the box has been installed and I would recommend anyone that does this type of mod to do the same.

PedalBox + JB Tune + Launch Control = One happy 650i driver!!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 04:21 PM   #9
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Quote:
I tried to email them a couple of times with no response so I ended up getting the PedalBox.. I have to eat my own words on this type of mod! It really does make a huge difference on how the car drives, especially from a dig. The lag between the pedal and the throttle is almost non existent anymore. Reason I ended up with the PedalBox, other than VR not getting back to me was the fact that you can fine tune it to suit your needs. It has 3 modes as well, but then it has 6 levels of adjustment for each mode +3 or -3 for each mode of sport, sport+, & eco. The only issue I am having now are the shift points, I think i need to reset the ECU so it learns again after the box has been installed and I would recommend anyone that does this type of mod to do the same.

PedalBox + JB Tune + Launch Control = One happy 650i driver!!
I'm happy things worked out! What e-mail did you use with VR?
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 11:47 PM   #10
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
I'm happy things worked out! What e-mail did you use with VR?
Thanks! I used the Sean@vivid address in your sig..
Appreciate 0