BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22
iDrive Text Message Text-To-Voice:

Hi Southern,

Great info as always. Thanks for taking the time to share.

I have been trying to pair my phone to my car for messages to no avail. For some odd reason, I have not been able to get the "Show Notifications" slider to appear under the Bluetooth pairing settings (to my car) on my phone. As a result, "Current Office" and "Messages" menus do not even show up on iDrive when the phone is paired and connected. I only get phone and audio functions. I have tried two iPhone 5 and one iPhone 4S, all of them running IOS 6.01. The software on the iDrive has already been updated to the latest UPD0005.bin versions.

Any advise you can share to get messages working would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #90
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
I've attached pics of my iPhone 5's settings - possibly useful for comparison...

I can't get the e-mail to work. I've played with it a bit, but e-mail's not as big of a deal for me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #91
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Thanks Southern. For my case, I simply couldn't manage to get the "Show Notifications" slider to appear under Bluetooth settings on my phone. Still investigating.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #92
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My latest screensavers - thought I'd share...

http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/20...s-199-app.html
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #93
I Bleed BMW Viscous
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 F12 soon...

Cool Your on the list, but may not know it...

I have been reading all of your informative and entertaining post for the last week. I have been tossing around getting a nicely loaded 650i XDrive Cabriolet, with the M package such as yours, and had even considered adding an after market exhaust system to really hear the power, but my wife said why don't you just get the M6, since it really has everything you want...

Most of the time I'm trying not to pay too much attention to what she is saying but this time it hit me like a ton a bricks.

Southern, after all of the time you have taken to give us detailed info on the 650xi coupe, I feel you really have, "M" in your blood! I may be wrong, but it seems that your BMW affliction, was not learned... This is an inate quality that only few of us have... It would be great to have you over, on the Dark-Side if you will, and Eventually become part of the, "M" Lifetime Club. Because, once you go "M", you can't go back...

Yes the M6 Forum may experience a few crickets from time-to-time, but you have M Blood in your veins and may not know it. If anyone deserves an M product, I feel it would be you.

Either way, I appreciate the time and effort you have taken to give us all a glimpse into your BMW Experience.
Attached Images

01-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #94
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed BMW Viscous View Post
I have been reading all of your informative and entertaining post for the last week. I have been tossing around getting a nicely loaded 650i XDrive Cabriolet, with the M package such as yours, and had even considered adding an after market exhaust system to really hear the power, but my wife said why don't you just get the M6, since it really has everything you want...
I would've loved the M6, but at 22 State Farm would've been asking for a kidney, part of my liver, and anything else they could get out of me - and that is aside from the additional ~ $10k it would've cost to build an M6 to my specifications. I ultimately chose the 650xi because xDrive afforded me grippier handling and an additional electronic nanny to save my a$$ should I bite off more than I can chew

I'm going to be driving the M3, M5, and M6 tomorrow and Saturday at the Performance Center, and I'm going to try to put together a pretty good review (with M6 v. 650xi comparisons) in the next few days.

While I would love an M6, the 650xi is still a very capable and powerful car, particularly since mine will never make it to a track. I don't doubt that the M6 is objectively and subjectively superior (snowy conditions aside), but it just wasn't the right time for me right now.

Quote:
Southern, after all of the time you have taken to give us detailed info on the 650xi coupe, I feel you really have, "M" in your blood! I may be wrong, but it seems that your BMW affliction, was not learned... This is an inate quality that only few of us have... It would be great to have you over, on the Dark-Side if you will, and Eventually become part of the, "M" Lifetime Club. Because, once you go "M", you can't go back...

Yes the M6 Forum may experience a few crickets from time-to-time, but you have M Blood in your veins and may not know it. If anyone deserves an M product, I feel it would be you.
Thank you for the kind words. I was strongly considering becoming a part of the "///M Club" since I could've purchased an M5 for the same money as my 650xi or an M3 for $30k less. However, I fell in love with the F13, and the 650xi just made more sense for my daily driver:

M5 - sure, it's more practical and has a helluva lot more power, but I prefer the 6er's looks and exclusivity, I don't care about practicality, and the power would cost me on insurance.

M3 - I adore this car and my first test drive in it made me fall in love with BMW as a brand in addition to the M3. However, I wanted the luxury and the creature comforts of the 6er that the M3 just couldn't offer, and, as a daily driver, Nappa everything, HUD, and gadgets won out over the intoxicating performance of the M3.

Passing on the M5 was a very difficult choice when I realized that I could have near-M6 performance with a 650xi price tag, but (a) I am in love with the look of the F13, and (b) there are very few F12/13s where I live (I've only seen two others driving around, and sightings are very rare).

I think there is very little doubt that an ///M car is in my future. BMW has p!ssed me off with some of there decisions over the last year or so, but the good always outweighs the bad, and I don't see myself being pulled away from the brand anytime soon.

Quote:
Either way, I appreciate the time and effort you have taken to give us all a glimpse into your BMW Experience.
I'm always happy to help. These boards can be a priceless tool, and I like to think that I'm doing my part to educate others or at least provide some pretty, pretty pictures.

At the end of the day, I don't take all of this stuff too seriously. Buying these cars is serious business, but these forums aren't. If I can help guide someone on his build to make sure he is informed and without regret or get a laugh out of the conversations between members, then this forum has served its purpose.

Glad to be of service
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #95
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22
Quote:
I would've loved the M6, but at 22 State Farm would've been asking for a kidney, part of my liver, and anything else they could get out of me - and that is aside from the additional ~ $10k it would've cost to build an M6 to my specifications. I ultimately chose the 650xi because xDrive afforded me grippier handling and an additional electronic nanny to save my a$$ should I bite off more than I can chew

I'm going to be driving the M3, M5, and M6 tomorrow and Saturday at the Performance Center, and I'm going to try to put together a pretty good review (with M6 v. 650xi comparisons) in the next few days.

While I would love an M6, the 650xi is still a very capable and powerful car, particularly since mine will never make it to a track. I don't doubt that the M6 is objectively and subjectively superior (snowy conditions aside), but it just wasn't the right time for me right now.

Quote:

Thank you for the kind words. I was strongly considering becoming a part of the "///M Club" since I could've purchased an M5 for the same money as my 650xi or an M3 for $30k less. However, I fell in love with the F13, and the 650xi just made more sense for my daily driver:

M5 - sure, it's more practical and has a helluva lot more power, but I prefer the 6er's looks and exclusivity, I don't care about practicality, and the power would cost me on insurance.

M3 - I adore this car and my first test drive in it made me fall in love with BMW as a brand in addition to the M3. However, I wanted the luxury and the creature comforts of the 6er that the M3 just couldn't offer, and, as a daily driver, Nappa everything, HUD, and gadgets won out over the intoxicating performance of the M3.

Passing on the M5 was a very difficult choice when I realized that I could have near-M6 performance with a 650xi price tag, but (a) I am in love with the look of the F13, and (b) there are very few F12/13s where I live (I've only seen two others driving around, and sightings are very rare).

I think there is very little doubt that an ///M car is in my future. BMW has p!ssed me off with some of there decisions over the last year or so, but the good always outweighs the bad, and I don't see myself being pulled away from the brand anytime soon.

Quote:
I'm always happy to help. These boards can be a priceless tool, and I like to think that I'm doing my part to educate others or at least provide some pretty, pretty pictures.

At the end of the day, I don't take all of this stuff too seriously. Buying these cars is serious business, but these forums aren't. If I can help guide someone on his build to make sure he is informed and without regret or get a laugh out of the conversations between members, then this forum has served its purpose.

Glad to be of service
Eloquently written as usual. You have once again verbalized what's on most of our minds regardless of which BMW model we drive or own.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #96
mo7ammed-87
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 650i

hi southern6er22 ..

how i can play video on my screen ?? but not a DVD FILM ..

dose the screen can play MP4 VIDEO ??
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #97
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

Quote:

Most of the time I'm trying not to pay too much attention to what she is saying but this time it hit me like a ton a bricks.

Hey Bleeder, he's all our's........... for now!! And he's a keeper. Great info for all here and we are most appreciative.

Ric
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #98
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo7ammed-87
hi southern6er22 ..

The 6NR BMW Apps retrofit gave me video playback function through an iPhone 4 via the Media Snap-in Adaptor. I believe you also need to have video enabled through coding. I got mine done through BimmerTech. They have enabled video and a number of other coding mods.

Check out the following threads:

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=Video

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=Video

Attached photos of how the video interface looks like.
Attached Images

Last edited by andreo; 01-18-2013 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #99
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo7ammed-87
hi southern6er22 ..

+1 to what andreo said. He knows a lot more about this than I do.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #100
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

I am pretty sure all you need is the snap in adaptor to play videos through the iphone, bmw apps shouldn't have anything to do with it.

You will get video with parking brake on by default, you will have to code the car to watch video without the parking brake.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #101
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1
I am pretty sure all you need is the snap in adaptor to play videos through the iphone, bmw apps shouldn't have anything to do with it.

You will get video with parking brake on by default, you will have to code the car to watch video without the parking brake.
I believe that's right DJ. My mistake. I recall seeing an article indicating that video playback comes with option 6NF Music Interface for Smartphones when coupled with the Media Snap-in Adaptor. Coding is required to enable playback in motion.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #102
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Hey look. Christina about 100 pounds ago.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #103
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnz
lol
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #104
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Just FYI, for those people that will receive their 6er with the new nav system you can code the idrive to play movies off of the hard drive. Although it doesn't seem like the new nav will be in the 6 until my2014.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #105
mo7ammed-87
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 650i

Why I Cant See The Bmw Welcome Screen On The Main Screen ??

But Only I Can See It On The Head Up Display !!

There Is A Seating ??
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #106
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnz
That's mean... fortunately music videos are immune to weight gains.
Appreciate 0