BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #199
WWnyc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014. 640 ix Vert

Garage List
Maybe you are being too nice, too patient.
Consider asking politely how long this has to go on before they ( and you) give up on this terrible example of an "Ultimate Driving Machine".
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #200
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
It is always a shame when someone who must have been so excited at one point to go out and spend over 100K on a car... only to be disappointed with it after only a little over a year behind the wheel.

Sorry you are going though such a let down. I hope it does work out so they lemon the car, and you end up driving away in something you can enjoy for years to come.
Thanks Samurai, I haven't heard back from BMW NA about buy back yet, but my SA called me yesterday saying that BMW NA engineer wanted to switch out all the ignition coils, fuel injectors, and spark plugs. He also said, there is a service bulletin for our cars where wiring harness can come lose when driving on rough service which cause engine check light to go off and possibly drivetrain malfunction error. The car should be done today late afternoon. This is pretty lame..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #201
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWnyc View Post
Maybe you are being too nice, too patient.
Consider asking politely how long this has to go on before they ( and you) give up on this terrible example of an "Ultimate Driving Machine".
You are right. In a way, I really like the car, so I kinda hope that they can fix it. But, it has become a frustration. Also, I always have good experience with BMW until this one.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #202
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Today, BMW NA offered me $1000. I am asking them to give me extended warranty on my car, but they are refusing. I am asking them to see if they are refusing my request because they know that this problem cannot be permanently fixed. Let's see what they have to say.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #203
sk0525
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer78 View Post
Today, BMW NA offered me $1000. I am asking them to give me extended warranty on my car, but they are refusing. I am asking them to see if they are refusing my request because they know that this problem cannot be permanently fixed. Let's see what they have to say.
I haven't kept up with this thread, but I would consider hiring an attorney to resolve this for you. If you really like the car, you may be able to get a 2015 F06 if BMW buys back your 2013. BMWNA is always going to push around a consumer because they can.

FYI in California, most attorneys take these cases on contingency basis and the manufacturer pays the attorney's fees in a successful lemon law action.

Good luck!
      10-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #204
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
They should definitely honor your request for an extended warranty for the car. I see no logic behind a thought process leading to a decision outside of that... other than replacing the car for you.

The same car has been brought in for the same malfunction too many times. Either they buy the car back from you, replace it with a car of equal or greater value, or at the very least, promise to address that malfunction under warranty as long as you are driving it.
      10-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #205
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk0525 View Post
I haven't kept up with this thread, but I would consider hiring an attorney to resolve this for you. If you really like the car, you may be able to get a 2015 F06 if BMW buys back your 2013. BMWNA is always going to push around a consumer because they can.

FYI in California, most attorneys take these cases on contingency basis and the manufacturer pays the attorney's fees in a successful lemon law action.

Good luck!
Thanks sk0525, I replied to the rep this morning that this is an insult if anything, "take $1k and go away". I told the rep that I am considering being very loud on this matter.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #206
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They should definitely honor your request for an extended warranty for the car. I see no logic behind a thought process leading to a decision outside of that... other than replacing the car for you.

The same car has been brought in for the same malfunction too many times. Either they buy the car back from you, replace it with a car of equal or greater value, or at the very least, promise to address that malfunction under warranty as long as you are driving it.
Thanks Samurai, I don't think I could have been nicer to them. Despite of what is going on, I chose to ask for an extended warranty instead of a buy back. I told them that I understand this thing happens, and I will keep the car until next gen 6er is out. There is no guarantee that it is fixed, so I want extended warranty and not having to worry about paying for their stupid mistake once original warranty is over.

I replied to the rep this morning that I changed my mind, and I want them to buy back the car. Regardless of the outcome, I'm switching camp. Below is a brief version of what they did to the car with 9500 miles on odometer. I don't know how much dealer charged BMW for the work, but I am not planning to pay for this every 4k miles once warranty is over.

9389 POOR ELECTRICAL CONNECTION. UNABLE TO CONFIRM COMPLAINT UPON
START UP, CONNECT VEHICLE TO BMW DIAGNOSIS.NETWORK ISTA/D v. 3.44,
CONNECT VEHICLE TO BMW APPROVED BATTERY CHARGER DBL1600 DUE TO LOW
CHARGE STATUS AT 11.98v, RELATIVE FAULT CODE 1190.02, PERFORM TEST PLAN
DUE TO LOW FREQUENCY, TEST PLAN RESULTS IN D1110 B0000000 72 913 TO
FILL THE FUEL TANK AND QUICK DELETE. RECHARGE VEHICLE OVER 1 HOUR,
QuTrx DFL777, APPLTrARL7 qTR 12 14 11, PERFORM MULTTPLR PITFIRMTPR SRNSOR

DISCONNECTS AND INSTALLED SENSOR HARNESS CABLE TIE ON BOTH BANK 1 1 AND
BANK 2 FUEL PRESSURE SENSORS. DEFECT CODE: 12 51 05 81 00. FOREMAN TEST
DROVE OVERNIGHT, VEHICLE OPERATING AND PERFORMING AS DESIGNED AT THIS
TIME. PERFORM FINAL ISTA/D TEST, NO FURTHER FAULT CODES AT THIS TIME.
PER TSE REMOVED SPRAK PLUGS FOR INSPECTION. FLAG TECH 3597 FOR SPARK
PLUG REMOVAL.

9389 DISCONNECTED BATTERY. PER TSE REPLACED ALL INJECTORS, SPARK
PLUGS AND COILS.REASSEMBLED VEHICLE AND CONNECTED BATTERY. PERFORMED A
FAULT SURVEY. CONENCTED BATTERY CHARGER DUE TO LOW VOLTAGE WARNING
(12.2V) CALIBRATED INJECTORS. PERFORMED EXTENDED ROAD TEST, FOUND OK AT
THIS TIME.

9389 AFTER EXTENDED ROAD TEST RECHECKED FAULTS AND FOUND NVLD MICRO.
LEAK FAULT. INSPECTED LINES AND FOUND OK. REPLACED PRESSURE SWITCH WITH
UPDATED PART.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #207
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

What other car would you consider? S7?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #208
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG640 View Post
What other car would you consider? S7?
Frankly, I always feel that Audi 7 has an odd looking tail, and I never really like it. Before picking up this car, I was also considering Audi S8 and Mercedes CLS AMG. I chose this car because of the design and the way it drives (when not breaking down). In fact, I just wiped down the interior of the damn car because it is so nice, and I can't stand ignoring it. It totally reminds me of some past relationships, lol. I feel that BMW has great product, but after-sales service and dealers are run by bunch of idiots. So, if I get rid of this car, I can only say that the replacement won't be a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 09:03 PM   #209
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

BTW, I feel like I hijacked this post from @southern6er22. Sorry!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #210
sk0525
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F85

Quote:
Frankly, I always feel that Audi 7 has an odd looking tail, and I never really like it. Before picking up this car, I was also considering Audi S8 and Mercedes CLS AMG. I chose this car because of the design and the way it drives (when not breaking down). In fact, I just wiped down the interior of the damn car because it is so nice, and I can't stand ignoring it. It totally reminds me of some past relationships, lol. I feel that BMW has great product, but after-sales service and dealers are run by bunch of idiots. So, if I get rid of this car, I can only say that the replacement won't be a BMW.
I've heard Audi's leases are horrible. If you want to switch to MB, I can recommend a friend at Beverly Hills MB.

Otherwise, consider finding another BMW dealer and getting a 2015 F06? There are plenty of dealers in a 40 mile radius of LA.
      10-17-2014, 01:52 AM   #211
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk0525 View Post
I've heard Audi's leases are horrible. If you want to switch to MB, I can recommend a friend at Beverly Hills MB.

Otherwise, consider finding another BMW dealer and getting a 2015 F06? There are plenty of dealers in a 40 mile radius of LA.
Thanks sk, let's see what BMW have to say tomorrow. I like 6er but not necessary wanting more of the same thing if I decide to switch. I will also try leasing next time, so I don't have to live with it if it turns out to be a lemon again.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 02:12 AM   #212
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So they offered me $5k to buy extended warranty and keep my POS.

I got it again tonight, TWICE, so I emailed my SA and all these emails.

eric.ho@ncbmw.com
tim.west@ncbmw.com
customerrelations@BMWUSA.COM
customer.service@bmw.com
Thomas.Plucinsky@bmwna.com
Cindy.Suozzi@bmwnaext.com

"Eric,

You forgot to give me quotes for extended warranty!

By the way, Drivetrain Malfunction again, TWICE, today. 1st time, I had to restart the car 3 times to get rid of it. 2nd time, it won't go away and happened about 15 minutes after. Lucky that I wasn't far away from home, so I drove it while the whole car was shaking/malfunction all the way back. Both happened on the freeway. I don't know what BMW NA engineer was smoking, but he made it worse once last week and twice tonight! This time I demand his cell number because I will call him to come pick my ass up when my POS Drivetrain Malfunction again!

I forgot to mention this morning that BMW NA offered me $5k to buy extended warranty and hold on to this POS, so I will be seeing you a lot at this rate and many many years with extended warranty.

See you tomorrow, and please reserve me a nice loaner!

Thomas

P.S. I risk my life pulling huge ass phone off my jean to take these photos at freeway speed as proof, so don't tell me it can't be replicated!"
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 05:42 AM   #213
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Time to evoke lemon law.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #214
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

Barley 10K miles?! Wow! That is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #215
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
So they offered me $5k to buy extended warranty and keep my POS.

I got it again tonight, TWICE, so I emailed my SA and all these emails.

eric.ho@ncbmw.com
tim.west@ncbmw.com
customerrelations@BMWUSA.COM
customer.service@bmw.com
Thomas.Plucinsky@bmwna.com
Cindy.Suozzi@bmwnaext.com

"Eric,

You forgot to give me quotes for extended warranty!

By the way, Drivetrain Malfunction again, TWICE, today. 1st time, I had to restart the car 3 times to get rid of it. 2nd time, it won't go away and happened about 15 minutes after. Lucky that I wasn't far away from home, so I drove it while the whole car was shaking/malfunction all the way back. Both happened on the freeway. I don't know what BMW NA engineer was smoking, but he made it worse once last week and twice tonight! This time I demand his cell number because I will call him to come pick my ass up when my POS Drivetrain Malfunction again!

I forgot to mention this morning that BMW NA offered me $5k to buy extended warranty and hold on to this POS, so I will be seeing you a lot at this rate and many many years with extended warranty.

See you tomorrow, and please reserve me a nice loaner!

Thomas

P.S. I risk my life pulling huge ass phone off my jean to take these photos at freeway speed as proof, so don't tell me it can't be replicated!"
I can't believe they are still going back and forth with you on this one. There should be no argument. With that extensive service record for a new car with so few miles on it, you getting that car classified as a lemon should not be a difficult thing to do once you get the law involved.

I hope this works out in your favor. I know that feeling when the car starts spazing out with the Drivetrain Malfunction and that is not a good thing to go through for any car owner... especially with such a pricey vehicle at that.

I can see BMW losing an otherwise potentially loyal customer in you. I have been following this thread since 2013, and you have been very patient and understanding with your service center, but it is obvious that your patience is wearing thin.

I'm still a Bimmer fan, but I would totally be able to understand if the 6 Series that is giving you so much trouble, turns out to be your last BMW.

I wish you success in the future with however (hopefully for the better) this situation turns out for you.
      10-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #216
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can't believe they are still going back and forth with you on this one. There should be no argument. With that extensive service record for a new car with so few miles on it, you getting that car classified as a lemon should not be a difficult thing to do once you get the law involved.

I hope this works out in your favor. I know that feeling when the car starts spazing out with the Drivetrain Malfunction and that is not a good thing to go through for any car owner... especially with such a pricey vehicle at that.

I can see BMW losing an otherwise potentially loyal customer in you. I have been following this thread since 2013, and you have been very patient and understanding with your service center, but it is obvious that your patience is wearing thin.

I'm still a Bimmer fan, but I would totally be able to understand if the 6 Series that is giving you so much trouble, turns out to be your last BMW.

I wish you success in the future with however (hopefully for the better) this situation turns out for you.
Samurai, thank you for your support, I still like BMW products. It is their customer service that destroyed my good perception toward their products.

If they turn around and treat me right, I would most likely return since I am a sucker for good car (not good quality, lol). Plus, BMW community makes up of car people with good knowledge, so it is great to see what others have done to their cars. I have long list of things I want to get done on the car, but luckily that I only get paint protection film and tint so far.

The crazy part is, I got drivetrain malfunction again this morning. I drove the car into the dealer to have them witness and took a video of it. I didn't leave the car there since they don't have a loaner for me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #217
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bönz View Post
Time to evoke lemon law.
Thanks Bönz, I will play hardball with them now.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #218
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG640 View Post
Barley 10K miles?! Wow! That is ridiculous.
Yeap, and when I told Cindy, BMW NA rep assigned to deal with me, that it hasn't been fixed and have to restart the car to get rid of it. These were some of her replies.

"They determined the vehicle is repaired, under warranty and with the supervision of a corporate technical services engineer."

"As for what you described in your last email.. our engineer felt that a restart was the right thing to do."

This engineer they got must be high on something.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:56 PM   #219
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Samurai, thank you for your support, I still like BMW products. It is their customer service that destroyed my good perception toward their products.

If they turn around and treat me right, I would most likely return since I am a sucker for good car (not good quality, lol). Plus, BMW community makes up of car people with good knowledge, so it is great to see what others have done to their cars. I have long list of things I want to get done on the car, but luckily that I only get paint protection film and tint so far.

The crazy part is, I got drivetrain malfunction again this morning. I drove the car into the dealer to have them witness and took a video of it. I didn't leave the car there since they don't have a loaner for me.
Would have left the car and they would have paid for a loaner whether its Hertz or Avis and then found me a nice BMW soonest on their dime. Lemon law definitely applies and I'd probably take a friend and have him video the next drivetrain malfunction you have and consequences and then post it on YouTube, twitter, and Facebook along with you showing your receipts of your service dept's unsuccessful attempts to fix and mitigate it. Action like that and I think you'll either have a brand new BMW soonest or at least a buy back! I had a similar issue with my wife's old Panamera v6...car blew an oil line, coolant line and dumped it all in the cylinder at 12k...purchased at 8k CPO'd. Went to dealer who did CPO inspection only to find that they didn't go all the way and CPO it when thy sold it to me. Went to Porsche NA and complained...and said I needed them to take care of this and do the right thing when they asked what did I expect/want. They offered in writing and emailed me 48hrs later and offered to have the engine replaced and extended warranty placed on the car to >100k/6yr yr on their dime and I was given an additional $1500k towards any Porsche item/service or parts from them to be used at ANY dealership. Car worked great for another 10 months until we sold it in order to mover her to an SUV which was more economical and practical for what she was now doing.

So I would get serious with my dealership and BMW and either they lemon it and buy it back or fix it and it works. No way I'd be driving the car anymore. I think some of the problem may be with your dealership...some are better than others and sometimes its the service manager's who set the example and also who's hands are tied sometimes by the owners, other times by BMW and sometimes by the circumstances of fixing new BMWs these days. Often the technicians are not really diagnosing problems they're fixing versus reading codes and faults and replacing boxes which often is what BMW Service Mgrs and their staff are told to do. Code A/Fault B replace BUS X or Module Y is often what I hear when talking to my friends at the dealership so often they don't "fix" problems that don't sort themselves out after the initial swap/replacement fix. BMW Independents shops and tuners often are a little better at this...the art of tuning/modding and actually fixing BMWs [at least the older ones] but its not always guaranteed.

Just my 2 cents...Hope it gets sorted out for you as the 6 series is a great car! PS look at the Audi RS7...great car. Also I've seen quite a few great deals on leftover 2014 cars so maybe that may work as a ploy. One dealer near me had like 4 M6 Gran Coupes on the lot last month when I was looking and was offering $10-15k off sticker on them so something similar maybe an acceptable option if there's something else you like at your dealer or a nearby one. Good luck!
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #220
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks mdrobc13, you are right, I should have left the car there and take whatever they can rent for me. I didn't think clearly at the time since I was quite mad with the situation.

Nice and quick customer service by Porsche NA. That's how I expect BMW to be from the beginning, but may be I was trying to be too nice to them.

$10-$15K off on M6, I would be happy to give it a shot! I wonder what kind of lease they can offer for such a deal. My gf is furious with this drama I have with BMW and insisted that I should not bother with the brand again. However, if they can throw a day of M school for her with new car, I think she might change her mind. I love this gen 6 series period, so they don't need to convince me too hard.

Thanks again for your support!
Appreciate 0