BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

09-08-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Owners (or people in the know) of 2008-2010 650i's

hello gents: Couple of questions.

I decided to purchase a 2010 650i as I understand that is the year the 650i's got CIC & the last year of the bubble butt.

My questions are this:::

-Does the 650i in that year range suffer from crazing (yes spelled like that) a common issue on targa top glass roof corvettes.

-How do I know if the 650i came with nightvision? What does the button look like and where is it located?

-How do I know if the 650i has adaptive cruise control? Where is it located?

-Did all 650i's in that year range come with adaptive headlights like my e92 had?

-I found a 2009 that has all the options I want but I thought that year did not have CIC but rather CCC? The odd thing is, the photos show the CIC buttons on the center console. You can see this here https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...odelCode1=650I

**Really, wish this forum separated the different 6 series generations. But alas I'm forced to ask this question in the general section.
      09-08-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
asiansensation78
Rep
Drives: F13 650i

Hey J. Dub, I had a 2009 e63 650i M-Sport for 5 years, hope I can help.

No issues with the glass, though I did observe some very small cracks forming in the rubber molding surrounding the sunroof. It didn't leak or cause any issues, it's pretty normal for rubber to age from being out in the sun.

Night vision button is located on the left side of the instrument panel, adjacent to the headlight knob (it's next to the HUD button if I recall).

I'm not sure about adaptive cruise. I know some have lane departure warning, though I'm unsure if the e63 6-series had adaptive cruise as an option.

I think adaptive headlights (the ones that auto aim and turn with the steering wheel) are standard in 2008 and up 650i's. 2008-up receive updated lights, which to this day still look really awesome.

2009 received the new iDrive controller, but did not receive CIC until 2010. The 2010 model is probably the best option for the e63/e64 generation since it receives CIC and has the more aggressive hood.
Appreciate 1
J. Dub354.00
      09-08-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiansensation78 View Post
Hey J. Dub, I had a 2009 e63 650i M-Sport for 5 years, hope I can help.

No issues with the glass, though I did observe some very small cracks forming in the rubber molding surrounding the sunroof. It didn't leak or cause any issues, it's pretty normal for rubber to age from being out in the sun.

Night vision button is located on the left side of the instrument panel, adjacent to the headlight knob (it's next to the HUD button if I recall).

I'm not sure about adaptive cruise. I know some have lane departure warning, though I'm unsure if the e63 6-series had adaptive cruise as an option.

I think adaptive headlights (the ones that auto aim and turn with the steering wheel) are standard in 2008 and up 650i's. 2008-up receive updated lights, which to this day still look really awesome.

2009 received the new iDrive controller, but did not receive CIC until 2010. The 2010 model is probably the best option for the e63/e64 generation since it receives CIC and has the more aggressive hood.
You sir are a world of info. Thank you.