BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-08-2017, 09:42 AM   #1
Jerinoid
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 530xiT Wagon

N63tu Tune and Mods

My 2013 650i x-drive (n63tu) is now out of warranty and I'm considering a few mods. The only goals I have are adding real whp and sounding slighly more aggressive. I like the thought of adding this BMS plug-and-play tune:

http://www.burgertuning.com/N63_Jb_B...nce_Tuner.html

but it seems overly simple and I can't find any info/reviews on real-world results. Any background or experience with that would be appreciated.

I would also like to supplement it with a more aggressive exhaust and CAIs but there seem to be so few options available. These guys:

https://n63intake.com

seem to be the only intake mod out there with their "high-flow" built-to-order replacement air filters, or their radical dual CAI cones. However my research shows they really add nothing to the output, so what's the point?

And regarding exhaust mods - I'm finding very little out there other than swapping in M6 mufflers - which really isn't getting me where I want to go (i.e. less restrictive to supplement the tune with a more aggressive sound but no drone on the highway) - or a muffler delete, which will result in horrble drone and probably ruin the ride completely.

Any thoughts on the above would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
For a tune, look at BPM sport. Mike Benvo is one of the most respected tuners in BMW community. He is the gold standard for M cars. Read all the reviews from the M3 forums. He's usually more money than piggy-backs, but his tunes always meet or exceed his hp and tq numbers and he has the best customer service.

http://www.bpmsport.com
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #3
murph914
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Convertible

There are a lot of aftermarket tunes with a huge range in cost options.

If you want the most hp and the most driveability your best shot is to see a tuner in our area, or even drive to one. Custom mapping a tune to your car and putting the car on a dyno is a proven path for success.

Intake and exhaust look and sound great, but do not add the power they once did. The real power in these engines comes from turning up the boost, but then you have to control the heat. You can always play with swapping out the turbos too.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 12:38 AM   #4
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
The Burger tune will give you some added power for sure. Did not dyno it but I felt the added power when going WOT.
Appreciate 0