BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

11-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #1
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Honors and accolades earned by BMW in the past year

BMW Awards

Though providing BMW owners with the driving experience they know and love is the ultimate reward for BMW, the extensive positive recognition from a variety of global agencies, year after year, certainly doesn’t hurt.

In 2015, its roster of awards has proved as impressive as ever. Here are a few of the prestigious awards BMW has earned this year:

EuroCarBody Awards 2015

The BMW 7 Series was the first-place winner of the 2015 EuroCarBody Award, the world’s highest accolade in car body engineering. Evaluated by engineers from 24 countries and an International OEM Advisory Board jury in five technical categories including efficient development, effective material applications, production efficiency, customer benefit, and engineering orientation, the BMW 7 Series thrilled the EuroCarBody 2015 audience with its lightweight material mix.

2015 Auto Express Green Car of the Year at the LA Auto Show

BMW is quickly making a name for itself as one of the most innovative automakers with regards to creating the technology to make cars more environmentally friendly. So, it is no surprise that the BMW i3 was named the 2015 Green Car of the Year at the LA Auto Show. The vehicle also won that prestigious title in 2014.

Says Auto Express, “Last year we claimed that driving an i3 is like driving the future, and this statement rings just as true today as it did 12 months ago.”

International Engine of the Year Awards 2015

Not only was BMW the overall winner of the Engine of the Year Awards 2015, it earned wins in three different classes.

Four wins in the latest International Engine of the Year Awards plainly demonstrate the BMW Group’s engine-building prowess. The drive unit in the BMW i8 earned two class wins as well as being declared overall winner, with a further class win being garnered by the engine of the BMW M3 and BMW M4.

Car and Driver 10Best

Each year, Car and Driver releases a list of what it deems to be the best cars of the year. This year, the BMW M235i earned the honor of calling itself one of Car and Driver’s 10Best.

When evaluating the BMW M235i, Car and Driver’s Daniel Pund described the vehicle as having a character that rests in between “a fully aggro M car” and “a day-to-day standard sports coupe,” and in his opinion, “that’s perfect.”

2015 Yahoo Autos Green Car of the Year

The BMW i3 earned yet another award for its environmental merits this year, as the 2015 Yahoo Autos Green Car of the Year. Yahoo Autos called the BMW i3 the “most radical vehicle to emerge from any automaker in the past year — and likely the past decade.”

The World’s Most Reputable Company in 2015

The Reputation Institute is a management consulting firm that operates out of New York and Copenhagen. It has been calculating and ranking the 100 most reputable companies in the world for 18 years. In 2015, BMW has the outstanding honor of sitting in the very top spot.

Edmunds Top Rated Awards

Each year, the Edmunds Testing Team evaluates approximately 200 new vehicles in test drives on a standardized road-test loop. The vehicles are also brought to the test track to evaluate their performance in controlled conditions. Vehicles are compared directly to their rivals of a similar size and price class. Edmunds.com Top Rated Awards are only given to vehicles that score an “A” rating, and this year, BMW earned many of these coveted awards. The winning vehicles in each category were:

Top Rated Sedans: 2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe, 2014 BMW 3 Series Sedan, 2015 BMW 7 Series

Top Rated Coupes: 2014 BMW 2 Series, 2014 BMW 4 Series, 2013 BMW M3, 2015 BMW M4

Top Rated SUVs: 2015 BMW X3, 2014 BMW X5

Top Rated Hatchbacks: 2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo, 2014 BMW i3

Top Rated Convertibles: 2015 BMW 2 Series

Top Rated Wagons: 2014 BMW 3 Series Wagon

Top Rated Diesel: 2014 BMW 5 Series Diesel

Kelly Blue Book

Kelly Blue Book is one of the most respected names in the automotive buying industry, providing valuable and highly trusted information to people on the search for a new car. Car buyers take the word of Kelly Blue Book very seriously, and that gives all of its awards and rankings a high level of prestige. Here are recent awards won by BMW:

10 Best Luxury SUVs: 2015 BMW X5

10 Most Fun SUVs: 2014 BMW X6 M

10 Best Luxury Cars Under $35,000: 2015 BMW 2 Series

10 Most Fuel-Efficient SUVs: 2015 BMW X3

With its excellent reputation consistently acknowledged and awarded, it is clear that BMW is on the road to ensuring an excellent future for itself and for all of its drivers.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org

Last edited by SakhirM4; 11-24-2015 at 05:30 PM..
Appreciate 2