BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
6th BMW
Private
 
Drives: BMWs
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

one thing don't like bout my M6

i drove a 745i for 10 years, sometimes using one foot to drive and sometimes i use two...without thinking...meaning sometimes right foot for gas and break and sometime using my left foot for breaking...

now in the M6 the break and gas are soooo close and off to the right i can never use my left foot to break. i'd gues it's designed that way for a manual and they don't have to re-tool.

btw, the M6 is a just a bit harsher ride (yes in confort) with a bit more rode noise than my 10 year old 745...but i like it!
6th BMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
I Bleed BMW Viscous
Private
 
I Bleed BMW Viscous's Avatar
 
Drives: M6 F12 soon...
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay area, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Lightbulb M6 pick up stixx

I have been driving M vehicles for many years. I went out test driving a 650i Convertible and a M3 Convertible over the same road surface here in California.

The M3 drove fine but it did have lots of road noise, a kind of drone I could hear from the interior on this one length of freeway.

Then we drove the 650i over the same length of freeway and the road noise was gone. the 650i was comfy and wrapped me in luxury, and sport.

Although the M6 Appeals to me for many aesthetic reasons, I feel that a 650 feels better to me on the Butt-O-Meter.

I am 49 now and I guess I would rather have more comfort than performance however, if you want to trade your M6 for my 650 I would still do it...lol!
__________________
03 M5/ 02 540/ 01 M5/ 00 X5 4.4/ 99 M3/ 95 M3
"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." Tony Robbins
I Bleed BMW Viscous is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
kingoyejordan
Private
 
Drives: Citrin Black F13 Vert
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed BMW Viscous View Post
I have been driving M vehicles for many years. I went out test driving a 650i Convertible and a M3 Convertible over the same road surface here in California.

The M3 drove fine but it did have lots of road noise, a kind of drone I could hear from the interior on this one length of freeway.

Then we drove the 650i over the same length of freeway and the road noise was gone. the 650i was comfy and wrapped me in luxury, and sport.

Although the M6 Appeals to me for many aesthetic reasons, I feel that a 650 feels better to me on the Butt-O-Meter.

I am 49 now and I guess I would rather have more comfort than performance however, if you want to trade your M6 for my 650 I would still do it...lol!
I went from the 04 745 to 06 650 vert and then to 10 650 Vert now anxiously waiting for my F12... I understand his gripe about the interior of the car but the 7 series is a luxury liner.. a limo of sorts... the 650 is a sports car. I actually think they've improved the seats a lot. My 06 650 used to wear me out just on short 3 hr road trips. Once you get a 6er it is hard to want to drive anything else. Especially when you drop the top.... dang!!!
kingoyejordan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
Stonehands
Private First Class
 
Stonehands's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: York, PA

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoyejordan View Post
I went from the 04 745 to 06 650 vert and then to 10 650 Vert now anxiously waiting for my F12... I understand his gripe about the interior of the car but the 7 series is a luxury liner.. a limo of sorts... the 650 is a sports car. I actually think they've improved the seats a lot. My 06 650 used to wear me out just on short 3 hr road trips. Once you get a 6er it is hard to want to drive anything else. Especially when you drop the top.... dang!!!
Previously; 98 M3 sedan, 07 550i sport pack, 10 550i m-tech sport pack and now F13. My current ride feels like the culmination of the previous ones. It has a heavier almost lead sled feel in certain setups. In short, best car I have owned (including my american muscle and jags)! The combination of performance, looks, status and luxury is truly unique at this price point. I also noticed the close proximity of the brake and gas. I just assumed it had something to do with heel toe driving during race maneuvers. I am awaiting the 2 day M school so I will likely find out.
Stonehands is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
I Bleed BMW Viscous
Private
 
I Bleed BMW Viscous's Avatar
 
Drives: M6 F12 soon...
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay area, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands View Post
I am awaiting the 2 day M school so I will likely find out.
Do you have any pics? Also, Is BMW giving this school for purchasing an M vehicle?

When I purchased my 2003 M5, I was graciously sent to Spartanburg South Carolina for the 2 Day M school there... I remember winning all the races even though i had never formally raced before. I Still have the Certificate they gave to us. Fun stuff.. Can't wait to do it again
__________________
03 M5/ 02 540/ 01 M5/ 00 X5 4.4/ 99 M3/ 95 M3
"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." Tony Robbins

Last edited by I Bleed BMW Viscous; 11-02-2012 at 01:04 AM.
I Bleed BMW Viscous is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
Stonehands
Private First Class
 
Stonehands's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: York, PA

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed BMW Viscous View Post
Do you have any pics? Also, Is BMW giving this school for purchasing an M vehicle?

When I purchased my 2003 M5, I was graciously sent to Spartanburg South Carolina for the 2 Day M school there... I remember winning all the races even though i had never formally raced before. I Still have the Certificate they gave to us. Fun stuff.. Can't wait to do it again
I have lots of pics. Unfortunately, I am still trying to figure out how to load them onto this venue. I do not facebook so it will take some time. I am sure I will figure it out (I passed the sixth grade but someone called Jimi Hendrix was big back then).

As for the M-school, BMW stopped providing it to M-purchasers in Oct 11 for some reason. When I inquired about it (I was pretty disappointed as I found this out after I had already completed my purchase) the representative informed me that BMW was making so much on paying customers and the comped M buyers were setting back the paying customers, they decided to accomodate the purchasers.

Nevertheless, I am undeterred. I will purchase it if I have to. I am on a waiting list. I have been called up once but it was too short notice. I remain encouraged.
Stonehands is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
I Bleed BMW Viscous
Private
 
I Bleed BMW Viscous's Avatar
 
Drives: M6 F12 soon...
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay area, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Question atachments

If you know the location or "File name," on your computer, you sinply hit either POST NEW THREAD, or REPLY and after you type in your message, and BEFORE you hit SUBMIT, you click on, "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS." At that point a POP-UP window will appear that asks you to, "BROWSE" to the location on your computer where your FILE or Picture is located. It will sometimes have a .JPG at the end of the file name. If you need more help, you can PM me and I can walk you thru it over the phone while your on the computer...

I miss the M-school, what does it mean, "Setting back the paying customers?" I mean tradition should carry on...Right?

ttys
__________________
03 M5/ 02 540/ 01 M5/ 00 X5 4.4/ 99 M3/ 95 M3
"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." Tony Robbins
I Bleed BMW Viscous is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
Stonehands
Private First Class
 
Stonehands's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: York, PA

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the assistance. I'm almost there. Now I am trying to figure out how to resize the jpegs to fit the allowances. Windows 7 is annoying in this regard.

I certainly agree. Tradition trumps. I really find it hard to believe BMW would give up the comped M-school for money paying customers. I got time. I'll wait. From what I hear it is worth it. JAB
Stonehands is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST