01-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #8
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
That is not going to silence anything. The GTR did not use LC.

Plus, anything other than a straight line test, and it won't even be a competition.

I know this is a BMW board, but at a cheaper price, the GT-R is just in a different league than the M6.
Whether or not the GTR used TC or not shouldn't put it at that much of a disadvantage. It has AWD.

I think both cars are pretty close in terms of price and straight-line performance. M6 has HP advantage, GTR has AWD and lighter in weight advantage
I agree that if you put both cars on a track the GTR will have the upper hand - especially in the hands of an experienced driver but many (not all) GTR buyers get the car for bragging rights and have never seen a track day in their life, or plan on it.

Most M6 buyers, buy the car for different reasons and may never see a track day either but if you have a track junkie in an M6 up against some track Noob in a GTR, then you're right, it won't even be a competition....The GTR would lose badly
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4

Last edited by DiavelM3; 01-09-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0