01-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #43
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
I know few of executives of Hamann in person. I'm not a fan of their design either.

But when I asked the same questions , but in more polite way. The answer was pretty simple.

60% of their sales goes to ASIA region , most to China and Taiwan.
15% goes to Arabs
15% goes to Post soviet (Russia , Ukraine and Belarus)

10% is everything else , including the USA.

Asia , arabs and russians are so into this strange design that they buy out storage fully.

So why bother to change the way they design , if there are specific group who like the way Hamann or ACS do their products (both have very strange design indeed) , why to compete with the way BMW M devision do design , it's weiser to have their own piece of pie.

They just have their own market segment , that's it.
Well, there's some merit in your point. There's no denying that the style sense of Asians differs from that of most Europeans and Americans. My critique above notwithstanding, there are bound to be folks who like the look, and I'm certainly not going to pan them or their taste for liking what they like.

As I was writing my critique, I could not help but think that Hamann really had the makings of two versions of their theme. Perhaps if they have the capital to do so, they could expand their market by offering the theme in one way for their Asian market and another for the rest of the world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0