View Single Post
      03-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #22
Theride
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedM6 View Post
You are lost man! The 3 and 6 are very different cars....and FYI, the current (E63/E64) 6 series backseat is not at all better then the 3 series...in fact, it might be a bit tighter. And I'm saying this because I now have an E63 M6, and previously to this car, I owned an E93 M3 and my friends complained less about the lack of legroom in the back of the M3 then they do in my M6.

Now that we got that out of the way....do you really think the M3 offers even remotely the same luxuries as a 6 series? ESPECIALLY the NEW F12/F13 6 series? You can't even get a full leather dash/interior in the M3. Now, nevermind the leather...have you seen the interior of the new 6? Its not even in the same league as the M3. Obviously its a newer model, therefore its going to look better, but asides from looking better because its new, it has a much, much, much more luxurious appeal.

The demographic is entirely different, I spoke with a BMW insider a couple months ago while everyone was speculating whether the new F13 6 series would be a hardtop or softop. He told me from the very beginning, it will be a soft top because of the demographic of the vehicle. Most of the people who buy the car will prefer the soft top, it is a classier look (which can't be argued IMO, look at all the super high end convertibles..Bentley GT & Rolls Royce Drophead). They are all soft top convertibles...while a hardtop option would have been nice for sure, it just wasn't feasible at the time I believe.

Anyways, point is, the 6 series caters to an entirely different client, the client which will be glad to spend 20-30k extra to have the fine luxuries that this car will offer, and also to not be driving around in what at the end of the day, is a 3 series.
Amen. I should have just +1 your post before i replied.
Appreciate 0