View Single Post
      06-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
ACGUK
Registered
Rep
Drives: 5

M6 GC vs RS4/6 for the family man.....

Hi - new to the forum, and have already spent hours on it (much to wife's annoyance!)
We have just had our third child, and currently have a 5 series Touring. I want to give that to my wife for the daily run around and then get another 'nicer' weekend car (I don't drive during the week).
Have fallen in love with the M6 GC and tested one yesterday and was blown away by it. Even going slowly it has a real sense of theatre about it (something I felt missing in the M5). The interior with full leather was such a special place - I could see me smiling every time I sat in the car, which is exactly what I want out of something "special".

You can get 3 kids in the back I have been told (two in boosters, and 1 in a car seat) and given they are so small leg room will not be an issue.
The 4 doors even makes it sensible!
But I am worried that the boot may be too small for all the kit that comes with kids, and it would be a disaster to not take the car because the 5 series can take bikes and this cannot (and I am not going to be the dad who tells his kids they cannot take a bike to the park as it won't fit in the car!!)

An RS4 or RS6 avant are very good cars, and would seem more obvious but I just don't have the same emotional connection to them and it seems silly to spend so much money and always be regretting the fact its not an M6

As you can see I have got myself into a right state. Can anyone with small kids advise on the practicality of the GC as a family car

Many thanks
Appreciate 0