m630
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentos View Post
I was thinking/hoping the wiring would be in place for the top view cameras since the mirrors are already powered (possibly wishfull thinking). In which case it may "just" mean replacing the mirror covers, connecting at both ends and re-coding. I'm not too bothered about side view, especially since it would mean accessing behind the fenders and cutting holes in them for the cameras.

What did you use to clean/maintain your seats in the M6?

Thanks again for the help. I'm itching to put some miles on the car but stuck at home with a bug. Just managed one short drive and several peaks of it on the drive
hmmmm...perhas a techie in your shop can find out if they are prewired in the mirrors, fingers crossed for sure..on the fenders, id be careful with trying to cut them, they are composite which may not take well to cutting, they are very thin and lightweight so care should be given, also as there would not be wiring, not sure how you'd connect them to idrive to get the video on screen...

For cleaning, I have Lexol cleaners and maintainers that used to be the standard brand that BMW sold in the service areas to clean the interior. Nowadays BMW has their own branded cleaners they sell at the service centers which may still be Lexol or something comparable. Worked great to clean them up and keep them supple for the lifte of ownership.

Take some meds to get rid of that bug, you need to drive that badboy!

cheers
Appreciate 0