View Single Post
      02-21-2023, 06:25 PM   #5
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
Thx for all the well wishes, in the future if my garage space and $$ allows it, I would definitely get a f13 gen m6 again for the stable. Right now, its time to try something new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
would sincerely appreciate any info you can share about models and years to avoid or general insights on why some many folks are down on them.
I've owned 3 generations of Range Rovers - and while they CAN have issues, its best to buy with a 3 year warranty. I bought my first RR 10 years ago, which was a 2007 RR Supercharged, at 135k miles. Iffy, I know, but it lasted me just fine after my regular maintenance overhaul, and I eventually sold it to my friend who still drives it, and has it at 240k now! Had a few issues like suspension bushings, engine dash electrics (all wear items) but that things still chugging. Then i bought a 2010 RRSC w warranty, I had one issue which was the air suspension pump, which went out, and warranty replaced it. Again, a wear item.
Now, i'm on my 2015 L405 RRSC, and again, bought it with warranty. I haven't had any problems on it for the last 2 years. My recommendations for buying a RR is, buy used, to save on $$ . And buy a SUPERCHARGED spec motor. They are built tougher and are tanks.
And lastly, buy a RRSC with over 50k miles. That way you know that thing is well worn in and issue free. Thats what i've always done and its been a great ownership experience for me. Yes, you DO have to put in some maintenance $$ as I do plugs, coils, transmission, diffs, all the fluids and proper service upon ownership, but after that, its just oil changes for a smooth 100k miles. Def have warranty as piece of mind, cause things can and do break on em. But there's nothign else like a range, its just the most comfortable car on the road. And that v8 with 510bhp is no joke!
Appreciate 2