View Single Post
      12-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Jim
My comment about the depreciation was based on the original residual numbers BMW had posted for the B6 (low 40s if I remember correctly for a 3 year/36K lease)

That has since been updated to match the rest of the lineup. I'm still pretty sure that you don't want to own one of these out of warranty (see picture below for an engine replacement on a B7 at my dealer). No matter what, most BMW dealers should be able to service both the M and B models (might be time for a new dealer?).

I believe Mr. Nguyen either bought one or drove one and reports it to be quieter.

Oh and on the parts thing - BMW just replaces the whole damn engine when something goes wrong (that's what is going on in the picture). So as long as that is avail, you are fine (although once again, if out of warranty, Oh God...)

Now finally, if you are serious about getting one of these, I would recommend you reach out to Brett Midgley at Autohaus BMW in St. Louis. When I was last down there, he was prepping a car for someone in California. It was just easier for them to order from Brett and have the car shipped than deal with the dealers in Calif. I'm 99.9% positive that he can easily beat the number you are getting and that is with the car shipped to you!

Brett Midgley (brett.midgley@bmwautohaus.com)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0