United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrainx
i8 is a concept car that went into production. Lots of stuff missing and from what I hear they have no plans on adding that stuff back. BMW hit a home run on the exterior, but not enough to get beyond what's missing. If you like it as is - go for it... I was close to buying one vs my 16 F12 - could have saved a few $. If the vert was out at the time it may have been a closer decision. I assumed they would take the concept a bit further and round out the car in 17/18. While shopping for a G11 I noticed that where there used to be one in every showroom now there are several, (8 at one dealership) parked out in the lot, rain and all....
Thousands of cars were redirected to the US and other markets from China for reasons I still don't understand as I don't keep up with the Chinese governments shenanigans, but that plus the sudden increase in production BMW put in place to get rid of the waiting list which was preventing the cars from hitting the road and meeting its goal (creating exposure for the i brand) can be attributed to those cars being on the lots. Half of those cars were meant to be on the other side of the world.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0