View Single Post
      02-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Thanks! It is amazing how this thing changes colors. When I first started looking at this car I was mad that I couldn't get a true black with the M Sport (I think that is different in some other countries though), but now I am in love with the Carbon Black and wouldn't have it any other way. I can already tell that it is going to be a chore to keep it clean, but I knew that going into this. I love the look of the ivory interior with any of the trims, but I didn't want to worry about those light carpets with the rain, dirt, etc. - although I'm already finding a problem with gravel and light debris showing against the black carpet. Nothing's perfect, I guess, and at least that just requires a shake in between normal vacuuming.

Not really planning on any modifications at this point. Maybe shadowline since that wasn't available (or so I thought) when I ordered. Easy change later down the road.

I wanted the xDrive for the extra traction, and we get a lot of bad rain here. It's been damp to drenched ever since I picked mine up, and I can't tell from the way it drives. I'll probably never drive it in the snow, but I liked the extra protection of the AWD with this much power. The 40:60 ratio still gives the feel of RWD but a little extra help from the front if need be. BMW did a great job engineering the system. I'm very happy with my choice not to go RWD. I think xDrive + ARS is a great combination. It is great in the corners and handles like it is half its size.
Appreciate 0