07-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #94
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by delano View Post
Wow, your description of the Akra with the DPs sounds perfect. Both tuners made me think the DPs would be a bit obnoxious but it sounds like the perfect blend of mellow enough for cruising but super aggressive when you get on it. I'm sold.

You mentioned a tune, but I thought they can't crack the codes yet to do a tune? Do I need a tune to make the exhaust and DPs work right without issues? Thanks again for the input, your whip is inspiring!
It truly is a perfect combo. Don't forget I have race catted downpipes not catless. Eurocharged has a tune for the M5/M6. The top speed limiter is hard to crack but how often will u be going over 165 so it's not a deal breaker. You dont need a tune to run the downpipes or anything however a proper tune that takes all these mods into consideration will maximize performance. You won't have any issues running these mods tuneless and my cold start isn't any louder either. If anything the added sound change the DPs added might have even chilled the high pitch sound the exhaust would make on cold start a little.

Last edited by Hunter5179; 07-13-2013 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0