07-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #92
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by delano View Post
Was the Akra exhaust sound noticeably different from the stock before the DPs? I finally got to listen to some Akras in person on an M5 today (the 2 biggest tuners in my town hadnt done an exhaust on the new Ms before this one today which seems odd). I was a little disappointed that they weren't too much different than my stocks. The high RPMs were better for sure but I was expecting something more dramatic overall. Could it be cause the M6 is louder to begin with compared to the M5, wouldn't make much sense cause they're the same motor? Not sure if my expectations were too high after your guys talking about how much you liked them, or if that's what's to be expected from a nice exhaust?
I can't really comment on the stock exhaust sound to much as I changed my exhaust right after break in so I never really got a chance to open the stock exhaust up. I have however heard the stock exhaust in passing on a couple M6's and the sound is Def different. Loudness wise I know exactly what you mean when you use the word dramatic describing the Akra because it does sound deceivingly quiet especially from inside the cabin. Adding DP's adds serious drama to the sound of the Akra and opens up the the exotic exhaust note like never heard before. It's still tame when casually cruising so you don't have to worry about being to loud or anything like that but step on the gas in any kind of way and be prepared for a ton of DRAMA..... I honestly haven't turned my sound system on since the install and my sound system is a thing of beauty to hear.... The exhaust note now is absolutely incredible. A perfect mix of beauty and the beast. The car still retains the class but now has a ferocious quality to it. I can't describe it other than its like an F1 car mixed in with a hybrid beast of some kind. It's like the Akra gaining 1000lbs of muscle and tearing out of its clothing. Not sure what DP's do to a stock setup, I'm sure they will do wonders but from my experience with my current setup I can only describe it as all around perfect. People break their necks looking not because it's obnoxious loud or disturbing the peace but because it's otherworldly to them. Throw in the intakes and you have a plethora of sound coming from the car which comes together to form a symphony of beautiful, exotic, ferocious and intoxicating Bliss.

I'll post some vids /pics soon
Appreciate 0