mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Hmm I think it depends on how much time you've spent in each car. My 550i was sporty but I sat higher a bit and it had a different mass and dynamics to it. Add to it the upgrades and I had an M5 almost for daily handling. My 650ix GC so far hasn't met that yet but for reasons I am aware of. It is a larger car and weighs more by a few hundred pounds. Would like to add M6 front sway bars as I did with my 550i and H&R or Dinan springs to tie down the suspension dynamics a bit but not sure if possible as H&R says no set yet for AWD so wait and see. Car however is a good ride and fast...nothing that a set of turbos, intercoolers, and ECU tune won't improve however [much as Alpina's B6 did]. Also 550i would break free at the rears which the 650ix doesn't allow me to do but that's okay. I do drive it in sport mode too most of the time but I did that in my 550i too so nothing new to me there. Very responsive throttle in sport mode and you do really notice the difference between it and comfort mode. Will be interesting to see the change after I upgrade the ECU and possibly Intercoolers next week. I remember after doing Dinan Stage 5 & Intercoolers in my 550i the car was a beast! Really shoved you in your seat when you nailed it and took off like a scaulded cat and sounded glorious especially with my Eissenman exhaust.

So so far the 650ix is different type of experience that's all not an inferior one by any means. I like it and it does look alot better than my 550i inside and outside..and the 5 series isn't too shabby by any means.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten

Last edited by mdrobc13; 10-13-2014 at 01:13 AM..
Appreciate 0