View Single Post
      04-04-2018, 01:01 PM   #4
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny1388 View Post
Thanks for the insight. I have a 640 F12. I dont mind putting in the manual labor and was hoping someone has already done it or knows what parts are needed for a DIY project. I cant imagine the parts will rack up to that much...
you'll at least need to do some coding to get the feature booted up, and unless you're already a coder (with Reingold), that, you'll have to pay for at retail pricing.

I found this for the F30 retrofit, which should be substantially similar to the F12 retrofit. https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1130598

You should email bimmertech at this point. I'm not sure if it's as simple as getting the 2 cameras and then the coding. You can at least go on realOEM and grab the p/n for the cameras and the housing, but I'm not sure if more ECU or idrive related parts would be needed. The F30 retrofit says it needs a special control unit. Maybe they'll help you with the P/Ns and you source the parts. Not sure what will be in it for them unless you pay them for the coding.