10-21-2023, 07:14 AM   #5
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6_paloalto_2017 View Post
There must be something in the air. I have 75K on my M6 running as perfect as can be...
1. Should I change the rod berrings? This is my first M Car, have had 25 K plus miles
2. Is dealer or some specialty shop better (I will to some research on pricing)
3. I tend to like to keep things forever if they are nice, my X3 2004 has 240K miles and really runs perfect, cross fingers. Aiming for the m6 to last to 250K
Some folks are very blessed and don’t have any issues on their cars with well over 100,000 miles on them original bearings and everything.

I do know that a cottage industry of manufacturers and specialty repair shops have popped up in florist very well just because of these cars and the N63TU variant.

If you do not drive the car hard, or you do not do modifications like DME tuning, JB4, BM3 or VHD. Then I wouldn’t worry about things like pistons and connecting rods, but the rod bearings are definitely something that you can be proactive about. Compared to the cost of a rebuild, the bearings cost is a low enough dollar figure that will absolutely help you long term own/drive this car.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0