View Single Post
      06-25-2017, 06:15 AM   #30
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

well after best part of 4 months this is where i am with the repairs, i really question if BMW has the ability to support these expensive cars given there mainstream brand as for me the attention to detail is none existent.

So here goes

- Leather bolsters / stitching cant be matched apparently, it would appear there is a break down in the manufacturing process somewhere.

- The paint repair it self is below standard, the painted panels have been over polished to leave a glass like finish as opposed to the factory orange peel finish, dry ends everywhere mainly in the window recessed where the lazy painter should have painted window surrounds when the front / rear windows were out.
- Broken interiors bits due to them fitted badly.
- Machine polish marks in the new paint
- loose fitting roof runners the ones that cover the roof rail holes.
- Brand New shadow line window trim that has been machine polished over and damaged, should have been masked.
- Shadow line on mirrors also damaged by machine
- Damaged gear leaver where the leather has been scarped when the removed the aluminium surround to fix the centre trim
- Alloy wheel damaged with their jet wash end has hit the rim when the car was being washed i guess.

The list goes on.

The current state of play is that i have been advised that the above will be rectified, i have insisted in perfection given the cars age and miles i.e. <2.5k miles and 8 months old, having said they i have been requested to offer my better nature if the job is as good as it can get.

BMW GB have offered a 3 month payment holiday and an undisclosed figure towards the new car.

Any views guys on next steps, i have started the ball rolling re Sytner and BMW GB offering a replacement vehicle, though this may be a long shot as the problem is not down to the car it self, rather poor aftersales.

Four months of stress due to some chav scum low life who needs to have there bones broken !!

Any further advice guys ?
Appreciate 0