View Single Post
      08-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #132
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Hey guys, for those running catted downpipes Forum member Noushy and I have a better option for the O2 sensors. The stock ones are to short for the AMS downpipes. They will work but they will not clip in their factory clip locations which are the ideal places to run the wires because it's OE placement. Below I have a pic of 2 options. I went with the one on the left because it has insulation. The lines are long enough(approximately 6inches or so longer than our stock ones) to fit into the stock clipping locations so everything fits perfect. However the connectors aren't the same as the connectors on the sensors that come with our car so all you have to do is get a pin removal tool so you can easily remove and swap the connectors with the stock O2 sensors then just install. The downpipe area gets pretty hot so you want to run the lines in the stock clipping locations just to be safe and have an OE Type Fitment. Here is a pic with 2 options. I chose the one on the left and forum member Noushy is running the one on the right (he had installed his before the discovery of the one I am using) they both work fine and so far we both have no CEL.. so here you go:

Left: Bosch 16795
Right: Bosch 15167
Appreciate 0