View Single Post
      01-29-2023, 01:35 AM   #5
Danishp97
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F06 M6 GRAN COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorz12 View Post
Could be worth double checking the values, especially on cylinder 6. But it's a bit of a pain of a job to redo all, and you would have to replace the teflon seal once you remove an injector. I would say at least double check that injector 6 is seated and sealed correctly and cross check the flow rate value.

So the car was running and idling smoothly after you replaced injectors and coils but you only started getting this problem after the fuel rails blew? A bit odd that a fuel rail would blow with 20K KM on the ODO and the second one the following week. Have you checked that the pressure is fine in both rails?

Do you know anything about the car history? Was it sitting for a long period before purchasing? 20K KM for a 2013 is nothing.
Hi, history is that the previous owner never used to rip it etc. he would occasionally put a lower grade of fuel even after the tune. So what I did is change injector and coils. Car was driving absolutely fine
Even after changing the rails. This issue only start once the injector 8 started to leak fuel from top and car started to reek of gas smell. So we installed one old injector temporarily until replacement came. After installing the old injector too the car was driving fine until same night it started to misfire like my video i have attached. So then I chose not to drive it until replacement came. After installing the replacement injector too this misfire at idle is still there. When you scan the misfire counter shows 0. If you run cylinder roughness test it shows cyl 6 running rough. So we switched coils and plugs over from cyl 5. Still the same no luck no improvement. However the car is making proper boost drives proper pulls like a train. ONLY at idle is this popping noise from exhaust and vibration and hiccup. I even clocked 280km/hr last night without any hiccups.
Appreciate 0