United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG640 View Post
Just get an M6. If you lease the payments will be only a few hundred dollars difference.
^^^ This.
You need to spend 5-6K just for brakes if you don't want to change the wheels. After all your car is considered modified and for sure the brake warranty will be voided. In top of that you are doing a favor to dealers to deny any repair/service related to brakes (ie bearing , alignment, etc) under warranty. Also, M6 has high performance brakes and one of the major issue with this type of brakes is the crack close to holes on rotors that will be appeared at 15k+ miles. In a 36 months lease you need at least one time brake replacement (rotors+pads). So basically you are paying a total of almost 9-10K for this modification which is about 250-300 per months on top of your regular payment for 650i! You can get an M6 with this money!
There's a post about my reasons for not choosing the M6 over the 650. One of them it's of course money. If I go with the M6 GC I would load it with almost every option available. I'm very big on features, but not big enough for almost $150k MSRP on the M6. My other reason is AWD. I need it, however, If I had M6 money I would just buy an AWD hooptie. The 650 GC loaded came to around $110k MSRP, that's almost $40k in difference. Again, If I had the money for a loaded M6, i would def go for it
Appreciate 0