View Single Post
      05-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #21
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Black X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime456 View Post
I was waiting for a nice heavy modded GC besides mine and a few others. Car looks great. I was going to go FI as well. How much did you pay and do you have the link for the muffler tips?
When you ask about the tips, are you asking about what I have right now? If so, that is part of the muffler delete I did. I paid for $450 for a shop here in Denver to weld the tips (see link below) on to custom pipes they made. Tips were $80 so project all in was $530. Now...though the car sounds mean is can be, the drone is massively unbearable and therefore I could not recommend it. Part of my drone issue could be that I MAY have ASD on my car and I need to disable it. First, I can't get anybody (dealership of this forum) to verify whether I truly have it or not. I thought just M6's had it but one dealer is saying I definitely do have it. Lots of confusion about ASD on our cars! I tried to manually disable it but couldn’t find the module in my trunk (maybe its integrated?...who knows!). Regardless whether I have ASD or not, I still firmly believe the drone that is truly from the exhaust would be unbearable. Lastly…I want to say that I am not impressed with the quality of those tips and could not recommend them if someone were to decide they still wanted the muffler delete. One month in and there is already corrosion on the tips. Very disappointing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231697908662...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This led me to what other options I had. I wanted/needed to keep the quad tips. I’d love to modify my old mufflers for quad tips (I was actually really happy with the sound) but can only go 3” wide quad tips which looks way too small with the vorsteiner diffuser set-up. The tips I currently have on the delete are 3.5” and honestly I think they don’t fill the opening up enough. I really believe 4” tips should be the goal when going with that diffuser set up. I thought about using some M6 mufflers but I think you can only go 3.5” tips. Furthermore, I hear there is still some drone. I listened to some Megan clips and though that exhaust is the best priced (axle-back only) and they have the blue tips I want, the sound is a little crappy (in my opinion) and the tips are only 3.5”. I thought about Meistershaft or Eisenmann or Akrapovich but after many discussions with Jesse over at PK Design, I opted to go with FI. I have heard about fitment issues with some or others are just too cost prohibitive. Furthermore, none of these others offered the 4.0” blue tips I wanted. With Frequency Intelligent I am getting a full cat back system (with alleged perfect fitment…I guess I will know in about 2 weeks) and I can get the blue tips I really like and they are 4”. Furthermore, it is a valvetronic system so I am guessing I can get rid of most or all of the drone I am currently experiencing.

Regarding cost, I know disclosing on a thread pricing provided by vendors is generally looked down upon so I will just say shoot Jesse a PM. He has been great about providing really solid pricing. The link below shows the base system at $4,500 and then it would be another $320 for the blue tips and $400 in shipping to Denver. I am not paying nearly close to that. Hope this helps!

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...J7MxoCMaHw_wcB
Appreciate 0