05-28-2015, 02:39 PM   #12
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe@trinityautosport View Post

I used it maybe 5x since I've owned the car. I got 20k out of the clutch...well I bought the car with 13k miles and put 7k hard miles on it and it went out.
Have you tried launch control since installing this DCT upgrade? Is there any difference? If this setup will handle 900 ft lbs LC ought to be no sweat. Guess I am mostly curious if the tires spin more now than they did with the stock setup, although I guess it might be hard to tell exactly when that clutch started slipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe@trinityautosport View Post
The clutch performed FLAWLESS! No over heating or slippage. I did 4 session 25mins each and was ALWAYS on it. I'm very impressed! . . .
Great to hear such a good report. Would you please PM me with contact info for SSP or who I can get these pieces from? One additional request for the PM - I'm also curious whose aero pieces you are using and how much you think they help. In addition to your subjective feel for it I would be particularly interested in any quantitative info (logging data if you have tried monitoring this). It looks like a Vorsteiner front lip and rear spoiler but when zoomed far enough to see them either my monitor is kind of distorting the images or they are just pixelating too much. I wanted to be sure. I am looking to get some right now but want ones that really work well and are not primarily just for cosmetics.

Those are some great shots of your car. Impressive photography of a great looking car! Please forgive me for removing the pics. I just did not want to clutter the thread with more to download than needed and they are right above this post.

All you guys going out having all this fun on the road and straight line tracks is giving me some bad ideas. I know it's what BMWs are built for and especially the M's , but I'm too old for this stuff. That said, it sure is great to have all this incredible feedback when I'm looking for things I want to do to mine and do them right the first time. Thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0