02-20-2023, 08:52 PM   #1
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
farewell to my f13 m6

Finally, the time has come to say goodbye to my beloved f13 m6 coupe comp pack. I've owned it since 34k, purchased in Atlanta GA, and I've done a cross country trip (brought it to California), multiple trackdays throughout California, and lots of spirited joy rides. This post is to just update prospective buyers and fellow owners of my general experience with the car.

It serves fantastic as a daily driver, I have a Range rover for that duty, so I prefer that generally, but the m6 can absolutely be a DD. The comp pack is a bit stiffer than the non comp, but since I lean on doing more trackdays, it worked great for me. I did all the service things strictly on time, fluids, etc. and never had any oil burning issues. I've used Liqui Moly btw!

For suspension, if you want to dial out understeer, you can tweak the stock suspension for max camber in rear and toe out tweaks in front. Michelin 4S is a must. I uppd the size to 275F and 305 rear with a 10mm spacer.

I've upgraded the infotainment by adding a android/carplay module and that really modernized the cabin for tech. A must do.

For tunes, I ran with the BPM sport stage 1, which is a modest increase and works well w stock clutch and daily driveability. I loved the tune. Air filter change is a must, taking out the charcoal canisters.
I've modded the exhaust to a Soul Performance exhaust, which does drone a bit, but overall sounds fantastic. Vortseiner rear diffuser is a must on this car, imo.

Apart from these mods, i've religiously changed oils every 5 to 6k miles with Liquimoly. Never had a single bit of oil burning. I'm selling the car at an online auction at around 63k miles now. Never had a hint of issues with the car. I figured, its time for something new, although I very much doubt another car can match the luxury, looks, amenities and outright performance of the f13 gen m6. I've had 0 issues, the car gets a tremendous amount of attention for just a black bmw! It is definitely a rare ride, i've only seen 1 other in my area. I"ve loved it but time for a change and my garage space can't accomodate too many cars..I'm pretty sure i'm gonna miss the hell out of it.

I'm now eyeballing a m8 comp (waiting on further depreciation) and also midly considering a v8 vantage (older gen) and a new gen DB11. Not even mildly considering a porsche, I find them utterly boring to look at, and generally not a fan of the owners of Porsches (no offense, just my opinion)

Just thought i'd share my overall experiences, and a few parting pics. This forum has been a great resource and i've learned a lot. I'll be lurking around every now and then, cheers ya'll

and before anyone says pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ewg6h4KvQeqJjmi4A

Last edited by spikespiegel; 02-20-2023 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 1