View Single Post
      04-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #17
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, very pleased with the 640d, the more I look at it, the more I love the shape and the lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
Glad you're enjoying it. 40 mpg isn't bad. I got 10.4 mpg the first few fill ups (3 tanks the first week ). Factor in the US/UK gallon difference, and that's still pretty impressive for a performance car driven spiritedly.

I don't think I'd like the car controlling my climate settings. I'd be overriding that all the time. I'll consider lightening the throttle from time to time, but I'm not giving up my A/C when it's 90 degrees.

We don't get the folding mirrors in the US. It seems kinda stupid as its a software feature, and it doesn't have to do with safety regulations. It mentions it in one of the quick guides that came with the car. Not really sure how they came to that decision.
Not a problem for us Brits! 10.4mpg, whether UK or US, is going some! That is M6 territory and with petrol/diesel being hideously expensive in the UK, I wouldn't want to be paying for your fuel!
Appreciate 0