Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone Metallic F06 M6 Gr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Which 911 model did you own? I had always assumed the Vantage V8 was a great driving experience....hmmm. Admittedly, I've haven't driven many varieties of sports cars, but the best experience I've had is the 991.1 Turbo S. And the M6 comes close to matching the theater of that car.

Anyways, to your question, the flap mod is not really worth it IMO. It just sounds louder at start up. But then again, I've only known the Akrapovic/MPE. And that exhaust overwhelms whether flapper mod you do to it.

If you want a mature sounding exhaust, I would do the Akra/MPE. If you want crazy draw attention loud go with Eisenmann race, Miesterrschaft, etc, they're all on the same level of crazy.
I just had the 911 base, in stick shift. I picked it up for around 80k which to me was totally overpriced for what you get. I got my M6 for 60, and its 3 times the car the Porsche was. I just bought catless dps and getting a tune (not sure which one yet) I really don't want anything crazy loud, just want to enhance the stock note.
Downpipes with stock competition exhaust should be the perfect amount of sound that your looking for. The exhaust flapper mod will only open up sound from idle to 3k rpm. There will be no difference from 3k and up.
Appreciate 0