View Single Post
      07-10-2012, 06:24 AM   #25
Judah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6needed
have had my eyes set on this car for a month. I currently have the 2011 550i. I truly enjoy the smooth ride that the car provides. I haven't driven the M6 yet, however, if the car has 550hp and is still smooth and is a convertible, I think I will be very happy. What do you guys think? The only thing that has held me back is the price! List is 125 fully loaded, that's a lot! 25K more and I could have a fucking Bentley!

You are NOT getting a Bentley GTv8 for $150k and I assume you haven't actually driven the GT, v8 or otherwise. It doesn't feel as good as a 650i when driving let alone what the M6(probably) feels like.
I've driven the GT coupe and convertible extensively, (never owned either) and people pay attention, (something I could care less about because I'm not that vain) but IMO, when compared to a 650i the GT loses. I'm not talking about subjective things like looks of the interior and exterior, I'm talking about package against package.
People have the preconceived notion that if a car cost $xxx it has to be the best and better, (they can't explain why they feel that way or believe what they believe) than a car that cost $xx. I'm here to tell you, that is not true.
Appreciate 0