10-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
My First Tank: 9.4 mpg
Average MPG for the life of the car (per the onboard computer): 11.9 mpg; currently approximately 6500 miles on the odo.
Mean Average: 11.0 mpg
Mode Average: 10.7 mpg
Highway with Cruise Control set to 75 mph: 23.4 mpg

What I tell people when they ask what kind of mileage I get and I don't wish to bore them to death with the above figures pulled from the Numbers (Excel) spreadsheet I keep on my phone: 10.5 to 11.0 mpg

This is primarily city driving as I rarely get on the interstate these days. When I do go on the interstate for a somewhat significant distance (not counting interstate driving for the sole purpose of *ahem* driving faster lol), I've seen combined MPGs in the 16 to 17 mpg range.

Unfortunately, most of the time when I fill up, the trip meter is at about 175 to 190 miles per tank of gas. I hit the 204 mile mark when I filled up yesterday, but it said I had 5 miles left before I'd be out and my driving for the duration of that tank was probably a little tamer than usual. The most I've ever gotten out of a tank is 236.5 miles, and that was with a fair bit of boring interstate driving. I know a range isn't exactly a scientific measure since I fill up at somewhat variable levels, but it is typically when I get to the car saying I've got 15 to 20 miles worth remaining.

I like my lead shoes and the sound of Sport mode. I never take the car out of Sport mode unless I'm sitting in heavy traffic and I want to make the ride slightly less jerky with all of the stop-and-go. I get in the car every morning thinking that a trip without hearing the turbos kick in and the booming noise of exploding hydrocarbons is a trip wasted. Thus, my mileage sucks, and I'm okay with that - my apologies to the polar bears. I got this car to have fun and enjoy. The 6er's TT V8 is already a product of greener power output, and I know by the time I'm in my 40s and 50s this breed of car will be essentially extinct. Gotta enjoy it while I can
Appreciate 0