Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff113 View Post
Good point on the auto trans. I am the exact opposite and will only drive a manual trans. As far as straight-line performance, I also am looking for something that is capable of 11's.

An already modded C7 would be hard to beat. I have considered looking at a modded C7 w/mild cam. Crank horsepower would be well over 500. I also like this idea given the higher costs of modifying the LT1 vs the LS3.

I've looked online at supercharged S550 Mustangs and 6th gen Camaros as well. Really hard to beat those for the money. The one issue I saw was that many of the Mustangs only had the supercharger upgrade and wouldn't be able to put the power down (even with the Performance Package). The sellers sometimes have unrealistic prices because of the money they invested in modifications though.

Have you considered a ZL1? The ones with the A10 are very fast and are quickly approaching $50k used. You could probably find one with bolt-ons pretty easily, should be making over 700 at the crank.
I'd love a ZL1, but out of budget right now. Otherwise, I'd also throw the Gen 3 CTS-V in Trying to also buy a house.
Appreciate 0