Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff113 View Post
I am in a similar situation, looking at the same cars you are. Sold my 335xi last year and daily driving my C6 Vette. This arrangement works, but only while I live in San Diego. Eventually will go back to a 2-car setup.

I ruled out the Challenger/Charger and CTS-V. These cars are just too much heavier than my C6 and I don't think I could get used to it. I agree that the regular Camaro SS and Mustang GT would be too common.

Here's the top of my list:
C7 Z51 - Minimal weight gain from last gen, but might find myself wishing I had a GS or Z06. Same size tires as my current Vette and only a minimal bump in horsepower.
ATS-V - Ridiculous depreciation and great mod potential, but it only looks okay to me.
Camaro 6th gen - Keep coming back to this idea. Weighs about 400 pounds more than my C6, but the performance of the SS 1LE or ZL1 would probably be worth it.
Mustang GT350 - Only Mustang I would consider right now. Very unique, but performs at about the same level as an SS 1LE.
I am buying cars already modded (If not fast enough for me from factory) so I'd only buy an already modded C7. If you'd buy stock I can see your dilemma.

I doubt I will pick the ATS-V. I'm a loud obnoxious V8 guy at heart.

GT350 is too much of a road course car, not a stoplight drag racer, for me.

The more I think about a boosted S550 Mustang or 6th gen SS (1LE is out for me since I want auto trans) the more I think I am foolish for dismissing them b/c too common. I am going to drive an S550 & see if I even like it. I did enjoy driving the 6th gen, but that was 2 years ago.
Appreciate 2