View Single Post
      12-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #116
mpaasky
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 x5m50i, ‘22 992, ‘23 iX

I have owned 2 bimmers and am buying another one in a few weeks, and never own an audi. i have driven an A4, and seen an A7 every morning at work. Let me tell you my unbiased opinion:

1. Audi interior does look very nice, and certainly nicer than E92 and E60. However, the build quality is not as good. When I touch the plastic knob and switch, it's more flimsy. You can sort of feel it's not tightly fixed on the dashboard. It's of course NOT flimsy in any regard, and leap and bound above Honda or Toyota. I simply say, it's slightly less "quality" as the buttons on BMW. I really like the tactile feedback of BMW buttons. But the layout wise, Audi seems prettier than E90s.

2. I really like the F10 layout however, so I think F10 which is the same layout as GC, is actually better than Audi's slightly. The interior build quality (leather, seat, dashboard trim), GC is also a notch above A7. But I will give them a score of TIE, because GC is $20k more expensive, so you do expect such bump in quality.

3. I really like the exterior of A7. I usually have to walk past a few dozens car on my way to my building, but whenever I walk by that white A7, I simply stopped. Once I even walked back to admire it. I am not kidding, the rear looks really really awesome from the back. Fine, maybe you hate the Panamera look, so again this is subjective, but I actually really like it. I think its 3/4 rear and side view are its strongest point.

4. While the side/rear Audi is better, I think the front is a tie. I don't really like the tear drop light of A7. It looks too "angry." I like the elegant look of GC. However, GC exterior also seems a bit 5 and 7 ish. I think you all can agree that, while exterior A7 is so strikingly different than A4, A6, or A8, Grand Coupe is of less difference than an F10. Therefore, I thought A7 has a more fresh look, and really is a head turner on the road.

Overall, I think A7 has slightly better exterior while GC has much better interior and refinement.

You must remember though GC is $20k more than an A7.
Appreciate 0