05-06-2015, 08:16 PM   #9
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: German

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelom6 View Post
i was wondering which is the better way to go i know dinan claims more hp but burger tuning haves the fastest quarter mile times my m6 gc is stock if anyone haves some insight it would really help out
I purchased the Burger Tuning unit when it first became available and used it extensively on my F06 M6 with full GTHaus catless exhaust system and cold air intakes. I believe I ran +4 constantly and upped it a few when running VP fuel for driving events like Targa Trophy that I attend here in California. Car performed like a beast ! Their products do work great and being able to log to your vehicle and make adjustments yourself are nice.
Only thing I did not like was the intermittent flat spots during hard acceleration and randomly transmission shifting delays.
Kept the unit for roughly 7,000 miles or so and I installed it with 100 miles on the clock.
Changed out for the Dinantronic's stage 1.
The power gains felt just about the same as JB +2/3 except for how much smoother the vehicle performs. Best way to describe is more crisp and more responsive. No more delays or intermittent issues.
(I do believe Terry from BMS made a software update for that issue, not to sure) Anyways, upgraded to stage 2 Dinantronics and car is a absolute beast ! Much faster and performs amazing.

There are differences of what the Dinantronic is doing compared to all other "piggy back" units on the market. The connection of how the unit install tells a lot.
The Dinantronic unit is the only kit on the market that plugs directly into the factory engine control module(s) therefore being able to send information and read from every sensor on this engine.
(Keep in mind that these vehicles computers are consistently talking to eachother and changes are being made within fractions of a second.)
So, when other "piggy back' units are plugging into 1,2,3... engine sensors and then the factory engine computer has to compensate by constantly adjusting itself to the unaware change, there can be some changes that can not be as effective or consistent.

I have sold/installed many brands of the performance tuning units available for F chassis BMW's and all have pros and cons. Best is to mod within your means and don't just take answers on the forums to decide right away. Maybe see if someone in your area has a mod that you are interested in that can give you a ride along and some insight.
Hope this information helps you some. You can contact me if you ever wanted to discuss this more.
Attached Images

Last edited by A Frankfurt; 05-07-2015 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0