View Single Post
      05-25-2014, 01:56 AM   #15
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTF12M6 View Post
At first glance, it doesn't appear to be too bad. Rear bumper, reverse lights, license plate, license plate frame and exhaust tips are the easy items to identify. My car was pushed about 2-3 ft with the brakes on, so I am worried about flat spots in the brand new Michelin PSS. Beyond that, who knows.

I won't post any pics until the whole thing is resolved.

As most of you know... Diminished Value is a REAL threat to a wrecked car like this. I don't want to screw anyone, but I don't want to get screwed by an insurance company. It certainly isn't my fault that the insurance company's insured driver negligently ran into me, hurting my property.

I wouldn't and I would bet that MANY, if not all of you, would not buy a vehicle with a Car Fax wreck history, You just never know the extent of the damage. I have passed on many cars over the years, solely due to the accident, even if it were documented and the minor AND a great buy.

I am sure the car is fine, BUT, it isn't what I bought and it isn't what I owned prior to the accident. I just want to be compensated for what it was worth before the accident and what it is worth now. I still lose, because I can't replace it for what it was worth before the accident. But at least it takes the majority of the sting away.

I will keep everyone updated as it progresses.

FYI, there will be a 2013 SG M6 coupe with 4500 miles for sale soon

It will have fully documented pics of the repairs.
I'm so sorry man. I can understand you better than anyone since I told you that I had similar situation, but what I cannot understand is the fact you explained you car is fine and just some minor damaged and will be fixed! I mean you know it is not a major issue and your car can be run as what it was before accident! in my case my car was repaired after 2 months and after that I experienced so much issues. They replaced the quarter panel, they painted one side completely. They removed all seats to have access to the quarter panel from inside and then they assembled the seats again. After they repaired the car, it was like a rattle box with lots of noise and they could not fix the source of those noises and that's why I traded in. what you explained is just a bumper they can replace with new one!
it's not a big deal.
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0