10-09-2014, 02:26 AM   #25
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Hmm that doesn't sound like a great long term situation. I'd say really go ahead and put it back stock if you cannot find tips to do it the right way. Otherwise you risk maybe who knows a warranty claim later just for looks/aesthetics? If you want quad tips then I will say what a few others have alluded to...get a proper exhaust for the car. Its a $100k plus vehicle so really a $2500 exhaust is a drop in the bucket. If you want to get better sound then BMW does also offer a Performance Muffler set for the 650xi also. Go check on www.getbmwparts.com website and check them out. I personally would do that versus trying to have an exhaust shop make a workaround fit on a set. Just my opinion.
The OP just needs a new set of tips and maybe a different muffler shop, I only say that cause they should have seen how it looked and not let him leave the shop like that in a $100k car. I picked up a set of stainless steel 3" inlet tips on ebay for $100 for the pair, they look as nice or nicer than the tips that come on those $2500 exhausts. They're dual walled, angle cut, and staggered. I had a reputable muffler shop delete my mufflers and valves, they left on the stock resonators, and plugged up the flapper valve vacuum lines. I couldn't be more happy with the sound of the car, it sounds and performs like a twin turbo V8 should! Don't forget, turbos don't like mufflers! r:
Appreciate 0