12-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #81
1spirit
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by R12ax7 View Post
Ah yes of course Infineon...I knew it felt familiar... from Gran Turismo.
Yeah... too bad it's no longer in the game. I think it's been gone for the past few iterations

Polyphony Digital, please bring it back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMirror View Post
Fun video to watch, thanks for that!

I can kind of see both sides to the equation there. Infineon is not a horsepower track; having driven a R8 4.2 around it in anger I can say that a big mid-engined wedge with significant power can feel a little claustrophobic around an undulating twisty course like that. In contrast to say, Laguna with its longer straights and big sweeping turns, Infineon rewards precise braking and apex clipping which can be tough for a new driver in a big cruise missle like the McLaren. I'm not surprised he was uber-conservative with the braking and cornering speeds.

My guess is that he was a bit worn out mentally after several laps, easy to do when you're maybe not used to track days.

Obvious the OP knows what he's doing a track tuned 135i is perfect for that place as well!
Glad to know - thanks for watching!

My 135i definitely has a better chance there than at other tracks like Laguna where power is favored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillindrdude View Post
i dislike people like this.

especially when the blue flag is shown to them. this is pretty blatant, and not heeding corner worker flagging.

i'm normally pretty laid back guy, but you can bet i'd be talking to that driver about it privately in the pits afterwards.
Fortunately the McLaren's astronomical power out of the corners was fun to see in person and that LT rear end was a bit mesmerizing

It's possible he wasn't aware of me... at least he removed himself from the track in the second lap...
Appreciate 0